Join me for some Christmas fun!

Day 3 :heavy_check_mark: Push-ups on knees for me as well

1 Like

Day 3 :heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:, did those jumping jacks. You were right, Jennifer, about the calf burn!

To be independent of public opinion is the first formal condition of achieving anything great.
Georg Hegel

2 Likes

Yes!! It wasn’t as bad today but the burn is there lol

Day 4 done. I think I’m going to customize these to do more sets or something.

Although I disagree with Muggeridge’s basic tenets, some of his extensive writings do ring true - a broken clock tells the right time twice a day. Short bio - Muggeridge was a person of contradictions. He was an agnostic who converted to Christianity, a communist sympathizer who turned against the Communist political machine in Russia, a soldier and spy, a conservative critic of the 1960’s counterculture, and a person who would rather express a strongly worded and incorrect opinion than none at all. And he wrote a ton, as a journalist and as an author.

There is no such thing as darkness; only a failure to see.
Malcolm Muggeridge

3 Likes

Day 4 :heavy_check_mark: I’m really enjoying the tidbits of knowledge and quotes!

1 Like

Calling today a rest day.

1 Like

I have some catching up to do! I have skipped 2 days already! Tomorrow I’ll do them all together! :relaxed:

1 Like

I’m with you! I tried out my new trail running shoes on a path that I used to walk with my dog 20 years ago. It’s a disused maple sugar bush, and some logging and hunting is still done there. But there are lots of fallen trees and new growth sprouting up, and with the 2 1/2 inches of snow that came last night, it was hard to keep on the path.

The whole thing is a little over 1.5 miles, it goes up a granite hill that at one time eons ago was a small island in the ancient Sea of Champlain. Not far from here, a whale fossil was discovered, and we have found trilobytes on a nearby farm. I tried to instill in my kids respect for history, using the ancient island and the idea that our home was once at the bottom of the sea.

The shoes performed very well. Maybe in springtime I’ll ask the landowner if I can clear a running trail, just remove the deadfalls and mark it.

This life of man appears for a short space, but of what went before, or what is to follow, we are utterly ignorant.
Venerable Bede, an English monk of the 8th century. Among other accomplishments, he’s the guy who championed referencing dates from the birth of Jesus. He’s the reason we use the A.D. designation today.

1 Like

That sounds like some insane trail running! You deserve a break lol
You won’t find me running in snow unless something is chasing me :joy:

2 Likes

Day 4-6 done, today is a bank holiday in Spain, but the gym was opened, so I did everything at once there! Besides adding some more exercises! :ballot_box_with_check::arrow_up::muscle:t2:

1 Like

Up to speed on day 6 :heavy_check_mark:
Those pendulum lunges are something else. Gotta get my balance under control!

1 Like

Ikr. Definitely wasn’t thinking about this lol

2 Likes

Day 6 :white_check_mark:. I did a set of the jumping lunges, and I count my yoga flow class for the rest. Shameless plug - I :revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts: Burlington Yoga. I’ve been twice recently when I was the only student, and they knew I was the only student. And yet, they kept the class open for me and adapted to my needs.

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity.
Simone Weil

3 Likes

Day 7 :white_check_mark:. You know, I just now noticed that the day, like 7 today, corresponds to the exercise in some form!

Occupy your minds with good thoughts, or the enemy will fill them with bad ones. Unoccupied, they cannot be.
St Thomas More

2 Likes

Day 7 :heavy_check_mark: It was a bit different for me. I did a workout this morning which included all of these except those lunges.

@SinceIAwoke that’s why I liked it!! I thought it was a cute idea

1 Like

Day 8- gonna be a rest day for me

1 Like

Just did a 4K run (not that much, but little by little), and today’s jump squats afterwards! Day 8 done :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

I’ll take a rest day today, hectic @ work today, but I made sure to get in a swim abut 6:30 this evening.

Hence! home, you idle creatures get you home.
Julius Caesar Wm. Shakespeare

2 Likes

Day 9 :heavy_check_mark: Done earlier but forget to post

Day 8 and 9 done, nice little combo set.

More from Thomas Aquinas, and it kinda sounds like sobriety…

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.

This speaks to me of the concept of being ready for sobriety, or more pointedly, the ability to answer the question “Are you done yet?”. Someone who is ready will find sobriety all around them. Someone who is not ready will continually return to the addiction.

2 Likes