Julia's accountability thread

Good morning. Had a good sleep a bit restless because my sleep is only getting better once the alcohol is gone longer out of my system. Now getting up and starting my day with the early morning meeting online. Loving it because I will see familiar faces. Wishing everyone a great sober Start into this week

4 Likes

Good morning Julia
Happy Monday- keep doing awesome and hopefully the meeting was helpful. Keep thinkning about the awesome sleep you will be getting with sobriety. A healthier life is in your future :pray::heart:
Have a fantastic sober day :people_hugging:

1 Like

Hope you had/ have a wonderful day today too and a good start.

Iā€™m having dinner now and then off to bed but I have cravings again. But I will not give in today. Iā€™m playing the whole tape through and what is worth fighting for is the good sleep and no shame and guilt the next day. These are the most important things for me. I will write here again, sober when Iā€™m in bed. Fighting through the next hour. :pray:t5::pray:t5::pray:t5:

3 Likes

I am having a very nice day so far - thank you for asking. a bit of a headache but all in all iā€™m in good spirits.

I am grateful that you are playing that tape forward (i loved that) ā€“ this along with knowing that it gets harder to quit each time you go back has helped me stay the course. We just need that one time to stick - make that happen now. :wink:

Youve got the strength to fight these urges (they are strong now but will dissipate once you tack on those days). Hope you enjoy your dinner and evening - play some happy tunes or watch some comedy to help release the endorphinsā€¦ we are right here with your Julia! :muscle: :muscle:

2 Likes

Noā€¦ I didnā€™t make it and thatā€™s why I didnā€™t post anything anymore. I got some take away food and saw a bottle of wine and bought it too. How fucked up is this? My husband just shook his head when he saw this because on Sunday I still asked him for helpā€¦
Iā€™m clearing my head now and will go for a run. Called in sick today. I need to get out of the house. Need to freshen up my head. Good news. No alcohol in the house again. Poured down the rest now.
Here is to the next 24 hours. Thatā€™s all Iā€™ve got

3 Likes

:people_hugging:
Man Julia i can just feelbyou beating yourself up over this. I am so sorry that you did end up drinking but so grateful that you poured the rest down the drain. That you are doing a day of selfcare.
Getting rhat head right is such a challenge love. I cant say ive conquered that task yet. It truly is one damn day at a time. You might even think an hour at a time right now.
Grateful to see you back fighting for your sobriety. Since kids are away at the moment- could you double up on the meetings? I know that the stupid temptation is everywhere - i stayed away from so many places and had a buddy system when i did have to go shopping where i would be temptedā€¦this was for the first month or so till i got my sea legs.
We are right here loveā€¦reach out at any time. If you feel in danger you can type help in the Checking in daily to maintain focus #57 - someone is always around.

Loads of love my friend :heart: i do hope your run went well and your day is improving

1 Like

One day at a time friend. :two_hearts: Glad you dumped it. When you feel those cravings and the thoughts, thatā€™s when you reach out. Love you.

2 Likes

Thank you so much ladies. I love you all. Made it to bed sober. Wrote my gratitude list. Will rest now. I felt much better after the run. No cravings today

1 Like

Love it Julia - that is great news for today! Keep fighting ODAAT! much love sweetheart ā€“ sweet dreams

1 Like

Today is the first day of my holiday. And Iā€™m 24 hours sober and a bitā€¦ Itā€™s 6am and no kids around and no work to get up to but I canā€™t sleep anymore. I didnā€™t sleep super well because the alcohol still had to leave my body I believe. I probably just stay in bed now. Then getting up for the early morning meeting online. Maybe I go for a walk today? And then packing packing packing for the new houseā€¦ I know the highest goal is to not drink today. My body is feeling so much better today and my mind is not so restless anymore. Thank you for reading and have a great day lovely people

3 Likes

Good morning beautiful
Sorry you had a crappy night sleeping-hope the lay in this morning helps.
Best of luck with all that packing.

Yeah to working 24hrs at a timeā€¦glad to hear you will be starting with a morning on line meetingā€¦:clap::muscle:
Have a lovely day Julia :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hope you had a good day today. In bed now. Safe and sober. Had a very good productive day today

2 Likes

I love it Julia - glad to hear itā€¦ my day is actually going well so far - i really canā€™t complain. not sure where i am getting the energy from but grateful for it - months of dealing with the chronic fatigue has been tough.

I am also sober and plan to remain this wayā€¦ hereā€™s to our next 24 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning. Here is to another 24 hours :pray:t5: still in bed. Totally overslept the 7:30am meeting. Itā€™s past 9amā€¦ So the lunch meeting will do. So grateful to wake up sober.

3 Likes

Good morning Julia
Sometimes we need the extra sleep - im just grateful that you have amother meeting lined up. Have yourself a wonderful day. :people_hugging:

1 Like

I donā€™t know how I made this but another sober day in the books. Did a lot of packing. Threw away tons of garbage. Went for a long walk again in the woods and now off to bed. Happy sober sleep. Have a great night everyone

2 Likes

Glad to see you fighting for and protecting your sobriety. Yes - another day in the books. I promise you the struggle gets easier the longer you stick with it. So happy for you - hope you have a wonderful night.

1 Like

Good morning everyone. Beginning another sober day! Just thinking of the next 24 hours. Now in half an hour I have a job interview. I really really hope I will get it. Itā€™s in the company I applied two years ago already and declined it then. They would have taken meā€¦ Now letā€™s see. The CEO remembered me and called me immediately once he got my applicationā€¦
Have a great sober 24 hours

2 Likes

Good morning / afternoon Julia
Hope you are doing well and that you kicked ass in your interview! A good sign that the CEO called you personally after receiving your application. :thinking:

Here is to a lovely sober 24 hours ahead - stay strong my friend. Remember we are only a click away. HAPPY FRIDAY

In bed. Safe. Sober. Worried about my oldest. Still in Portugal with fever but he is apparently fine with the grandparents. I can not change it anyway. try to relax now and sleep.
Interview went super good today.

2 Likes