Julia's accountability thread

Good evening everyone,

I am creating this thread to restart my journey, to hold myself accountable for my actions every day. To force myself to come here and write at least one thing a day.
This is an amazing community which I joined in 2018. I don’t know where to start. I got to know amazing, loving people here which I am truly friends today and we have a beautiful WhatsApp group. Everyone in this group got sober and stayed sober until today except me… I am just trying and trying and always falling and falling again. Last Saturday was the last time I drank, today I am on day 3. I reconnected to my AA group in town and started to write in my women’s AA what’s app group where I was welcomed so wonderfully again. I have so much love for all these people. They are so kind and often I believe I am not worth of all of this.
I love this English speaking AA group which gives me opportunities to join meetings online or in person every day. This gives me so much hope… This community is great too but I need to see some real people too. And actually talk to them…
So ending day 2 now beginning day 3 soon. In bed. Safe. Sober. I will write here again tomorrow. You are welcome to share your story too. Would love to get to know more people or to reconnect to other known faces.
Lots of love and good night Julia

44 Likes

Congratulations on day 2 Julia.
There’s a great bunch of folks on what I like to call my home thread. Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4 - #529 by Dazercat
Great way to start or end my day.
Lights are on and the door is always open.
Bring your own coffee :coffee:
Have a good day 3.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

11 Likes

Good to see you back!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hey Julia so glad that you are back on the sobriety train and working all the steps necessary to keep you going. I agree that this is an amazing community but you should get some support in real life (person to person) as well to keep you accountable.

This is your addict brain talking because I am certain that you are WORTH all of it. Our addictions take our grief, our insecurities and what not and twist things to where we actually start believing the lies. You’ve already achieved so much with your recent sobriety stint. The work and health benefits are not lost.
Grateful to be on this sober journey with you!!! looking forward to tomorrows post :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Always good to see you back. :upside_down_face::sunflower:
And I agree, as much as TS is important to me, irl sober people are as well.

5 Likes

Hey Julia,

It’s really nice to hear from you again. I look forward to your posts.

5 Likes

Good morning TS family. Thank you all for these kind posts. Waking up to day 3 makes me happy. Sunshine and warm weather warms up my soul. Going into work today I listened to my AA group’s meeting on the train. Nice way to start the day! Yes seeing real people, talking to real people is important and that’s why I connected to my AA group again.
I’m taking one day at a time, trying not to worry about what’s happening on the weekend, that’s where normally my cravings are the biggest. I’m aware of them and I have some tools to use. I can always call a nice person from the AA group which I am so thankful for. Will come here too if I get any…
Have a great sober day you all.
Love Julia

10 Likes

Great to see you back, Julia! So happy you’re giving sobriety another go. I’m looking forward to taking this journey with you.

2 Likes

Hey Julia,

How’s your family doing?

1 Like

They are good. My husband still doesn’t believe that I have a problem. Noone ever told me that I am addicted. I just fooled and pretended and hid it to everyone. Or everyone knows and noone tells me. It doesn’t matter I know it for myself that I have a big problem regarding alcohol and all I can do is treating it… My kids are good too. Happy and growing and this is the one other big reason to stay sober. For myself and the kids. They deserve to have a mom that’s fully sober and aware and fully there for them because they are the best kids in the world.
How are you my dear friend? How many days are you in? I know you for a long time already. It’s good to see you here

4 Likes

Our youngest daughter is already 12. My wife and I started our own business together. She’s a face painter and I’m a balloon artist. And our daughters help out. The youngest paints arms and the oldest twists balloons like myself. And I’ve been leaning on them a lot when it comes to handling bigger gigs and parties. When they get older and better, I’m going to have to ensure the customer’s pay more for their services. But I love the fact that I’m no longer punching a clock at work. This has been good for my recovery and my self-esteem.
When it comes to breaking Free from my addiction, it’s been a very long road for me. But I do see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. Definitely not white knuckling it anymore. Currently celebrating day 236. Thanks for asking. It’s really good to see you back here.

3 Likes

Love this Kevin. This is beautiful. And congratulations on your days. Just awesome seeing your progress. Makes me feel hopeful

1 Like

Good evening everyone. Ending day 4 satisfied. Sober. Had not a good start into the day this morning. Yelling at my 6 year old to hurry up for kindergarten. I was just in a bad mood and felt like a horrible mother afterwards because he started crying. I went to have ice cream in the afternoon with him just the 2 of us. It was so nice. I just love my kids. Had my noon meeting with my home group. Even had a small tiny share. Never really know what to say because I’ve been at this point so often. But everyone was happy with me for 4 days. I was just happy to see some kind faces. So bringing the kids to bed now. Sober. Which is beautiful. I just love to be there for them with a clear head. Good night everyone

4 Likes

you are doing great Julia
i’m sure your 6 yr old won’t think anything of it – at the beginning I was super irritable. You will start feeling more like yourself soon enough as you know. It doesn’t matter how many times you’ve been at this point the main thing is that you are here now and moving forward.
Glad to see that you are checking in regularily

1 Like

Good morning day 5 here and feeling just fine :sunglasses: life is just so beautiful being sober. I need to find some coping mechanism because cravings are worst Friday Saturday Sunday… Evening.

5 Likes

Had such a good, productive day today. My body and mind do not know anymore to have sober consecutive days. This is just mind blowing awesome. Of course I had some thoughts of drinking today since it is Friday, summer day and oh my… I would just always drink on the weekend. But no, not anymore. Now bringing the kids to bed. Already in my pyjamas as well and then just going to bed. Having made another day in paradise :tada:

4 Likes

I’m glad you had a good day. I did too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Excellent dear friend

1 Like

Good evening. Had my women’s AA meeting today in the morning. They are just lovely ladies. All so kind. I even shared a bit. Had a very productive day today. cleaned up the house and already put things into boxes because in 2 - 3 months time we are moving to the neighbour city. We bought a place in the beginning of this year. Oh my god. The kids and us accumulated too much over the years. I’m just so shocked how much shit we have. It feels amazing getting rid of the stuff and I’m swearing to myself never want I fill up the new place like this. I feel ashamed of how much we have… It’s so good to do this all sober now. Ending day 6 satisfied. Good night everyone

4 Likes

Waking up to my screen telling me I’ve made it 1 week sober. 7 days. Yay. It’s a tiny, small baby step but I’m glad where I am now. Without you guys and all the lovely people from AA I would not be here today. Have a great sober Sunday you all :sunglasses:

10 Likes