July Fitness Challenge - everyone welcome!

Day 3 complete :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Day 3 :white_check_mark::white_check_mark: I think this will be a lunch time thing for me

2 Likes

I have to admit I must modify my challenge. Squats are out until Dr gives ok since my hip surgery. I replaced with a physical therapy exercise laying on my back marching.
Day 1 and 2 completed. Note- my fat stomach says WTF with crunches so I did more than the daily amount. Fuck you tummy!

2 Likes

Day 3 :white_check_mark: in the belly of the beast. This guy is my trainer and I did an hour with him today. TW-no shirt.
[Gallerys | NPC News Online](National Physique Committee 2013 Vermont)

Advance our standards, set upon our foes;
Our ancient word of courage, fair Saint George,
Inspire us with the spleen of fiery dragons!

William Shakespeare, Richard III

3 Likes

Day 4- rest
Day 5 :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Day 4, easy! Day 5 :white_check_mark:. Gearing up for a bike ride in the 90° great and 67% humidity.

For now, these hot days, is the mad blood stirring.
Wm. S., Romeo and Juliet

3 Likes

Day 4 :heavy_check_mark: I know rest day but I had BlackBerry cobbler. Umm so did exercises anyway.

2 Likes

28 frickin’ miles. I estimated about 18 miles in my head, I guess I’ll know better next time! 14.9 mph average, I always slip below that 15 mph target on the uphill climb to home.

2 Likes

Yikes! That’s insanely impressive. Hope you are resting your body after that ride.

2 Likes

Day 5 and 6 :white_check_mark::white_check_mark: Off to give these demanding doggos their walk

3 Likes

Day 6 completed :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Day 5 completed

2 Likes

:ballot_box_with_check: Day 6. In honor of @Runningfree I did a 2 mile trail run today - up the hill, zig zag down about half of it then straight down, in two rounds. I did not fall once! Yay! Took a stumble once and banged my shoes into my ankles a couple times, but stayed upright the whole time.

…(A)ctually baby steps are a great unbalanced, wholehearted, enthusiastic lurches into the unknown.
@olivefsmith, [X] 10/28/2021

3 Likes

Day 3 done. My bad, gang. I got behind with holiday and all.

3 Likes

Day 6 :heavy_check_mark: Day 7 rest - probably NOT!

3 Likes

Day 5 done. I skipped rest day to catch up. My bad. I noticed I counted wrong. :muscle:

3 Likes

Day 8 done. Here’s my warmup ride map.

That hill is a category 5, the least strenuous rated hill. I’ve done a category 4 twice, damn near died on those, so I try to stick to Category 5’s or unrated hills.

It is not the mountain that we conquer, but ourselves.
Sir Edmund Hillary

4 Likes

Day 6 done

3 Likes

Day 8 . Missed crunches 30 min water walking did me in.

3 Likes

Day 8 and 9 :white_check_mark:

4 Likes