Just relapsed : (

You took the right step to coming on this app and to get sober the next day and not keep drinking. You have gone much longer then I ever have sober. I relapsed 4 days ago and turned right to this app. It has been helping me to read people post and to reach out to others. I as well, have been going through a very stressful and hard time. Many things have changed for me and I thought the same thing that I just wanted some sort of relief from it all, like you did. I hated myself the next day for it and it wasn’t worth it. I am trying to stay strong! You can do this you did it before!

2 Likes

Well you can decide that sobriety is not what you want. Or you can decide to start again. Not start OVER but again. 132 days is just a number. Being sober is not :slight_smile: wish you the best. Chin up.

8 Likes

Not to sound cliche but to quote Thomas Wayne “why do we fall?..So we can learn to pick ourselves back up.” You definitely did right thing by not continuing to drink today and it seems like you have your regrets. We are all here for you. Now it’s time to get you back on your feet. You got this!

3 Likes

I’ve been there. Had about 140 last year and relapsed. The biggest mistake would be not to pick up and keep on going. I had to learn my lesson a few more times.

32 days in again and feeling great. It’s worth it and you’ll get there again. Be kind to yourself.

2 Likes

I still remember my first time i relapsed when stopping drink and the 50th time, The challenges life throws at us can be so cruel at times but now im 13 years clean from drink and i still miss it. I am day 195 no morphine and today day 16 no weed and each day i love seeing it go up another day, i find the NA meetings really help me deal with lifes negative impact and having people i can talk to round the clock a blessing. Dont ever see it as defeat but more a little oops moment and carry on stopping. Remember we are only human and we make mistakes but it not how we fall over that matters but how we get back up and say hay im ok. Good luck keep up with the the stopping. Peter

3 Likes

Welcome @Peter1970uk

The biggest suggesting I can give is what was giving to me. Hit your knees in the morning and ask your higher power for the obsession to be taken. At the end of your day thank your Higher power for making thru the day clean and sober. Also meetings and picking the winners in your recovery circle.

4 Likes

Maybe try a meeting wish you well

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have a helpline or someone you can call from rehab? Maybe getting some extra help?

Start counting again. Things happen. We are human. I feel for you. I was away this week at the shore and the temptation to… just have a drink, it’s no big deal… was so overwhelming but i resisted. Not sure how.
Think of how defeated you feel and that’ll give you the courage to take a deep breath and abstain again.

1 Like

Everytime you do remember that this tree gets bigger. Hang in there and go to an AA or NA meeting!

l44QwZ9WG9N5u4MP6

2 Likes

Massive man hug mate. Remember relapses make you stronger, pick yourself up, dust yourself down and get back on the wagon. Be strong and dont beat yourself up.

1 Like

Thank all of you for the support and kind words. Made it through today without a drink. Trying to get my head back in the right place and push forward.

3 Likes

Pick your self back up and start again!

1 Like

Did you actually relapse or did you slip relapse you dont put the drink downand continue or did you slip get drunk for 12hrs feel bad realise and stop?
Youve done 132 days=3168hrs sober and maybe 12 drunk if you completely stop again put your safety nets back in place by the end of a year youll have done 8760hrs sober minus your slip=8748hrs sober!!do you think its worth resetting your sobriety clock and beating yourself up for being back at day one again?if its a one off id just have a think as to why it happened,be kind to yourself and carry on the amazing work youve been doing so well.

2 Likes

Sending you positive vibes :sunflower::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Hey friend… You have done brilliantly and this is a blip as we call it. Get straight in touch with your support network and remember that you don’t have to do this alone. Be strong, believe in yourself… And most importantly… Keep on rising up.

1 Like

We all fall lad least you have realize i know it most probably made you feel depressed it did to me but i just had to pick myself up and tell myself do you want to feel like this for the rest of my life

1 Like

This is awesome. Prayers for you and your continued walk with God. I’m working on my sobriety… seems once I fall it’s hard to get back up and continue to stay up… that’s the hard part. My heart is telling me I don’t want this anymore but my mind is playing tricks on me smh