Just saying hello

I am new to this forum.
Today I have decided is the first day of the rest of my life.
I have been struggling with alcohol addiction for a while now and it has become particularly bad for the last year.
This is going to be my second attempt at sobriety.
Im looking forward to reading all the advice and motivational stories as I begin my journey one day at a time.

16 Likes

I’m four days alcohol free, try exercise even if it’s just a walk. Stay strong.

8 Likes

Welcome @Maisy

This is a great forum for information and support. Maybe try posting in the checking in thread regularly. Its a great thread for learning, sharing and following each others journeys. Good for creating some accountability also. And everyone gets to know each other a little bit too which is nice :+1:

4 Likes

You sound very upbeat and ready for the challenge ahead, harness that positivity and use it .xxwelcome to this amazing supportive community.

3 Likes

Hi Maisy. Great to meet you. Where are you from?

Keep checking in here daily with how you’re doing :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi Darren :slight_smile: I’m from Ireland. Definitely going to check in daily. Need all the support I can get.

3 Likes

Welcome Maisy!
I echo messages above, this community is such a helpful place to be, not all “rosey best” hunky-dory (often) false faces of e.g Facebook / Insta etc.
We can be real and honest here.
Check out the memes too for a giggle when you need.
:blush:

2 Likes

This is my second attempt also, and last year in particular was also the worst. So I feel you. Good to have you here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome. You’ve hit the nail on the head " one day at a time". Never ever forget that no matter how hard things get we just get to our bed and eventually fall asleep and that’s what we call another sober day. There is nothing in the future to concern us and when we find ourselves there and we are sober it’s an amazing NOW. and that’s all we can live for is now.

1 Like

Welcome to this awesome community. No one knows an addict like another addict. We’re all in this together. This forum has so much to offer so i suggest read, read and read some more. Here’s the link to check in daily Checking in daily to help maintain focus #6
Here’s another good link
New for 2020? Start here!

3 Likes

Maybe try a meeting makes it easier wish you well

1 Like