Kristen here

Welcome and congrats on 3 days @Rookie !! So many inspiring threads on here. I’m on day 48 and this place and these people have helped immensely ODAAT! :people_hugging:

5 Likes

Welcome, Kristen! You are in good company here. Keep visiting, keep reading. Do whatever else you need to do, one day at a time. Wish you well!:heart::muscle:t3:

3 Likes

Welcome! You are in the righr place. You can do it!!!

2 Likes

Welcome!! Enjoy the great feeling and revel in the fact that this great feeling will happen every day!! :slight_smile: you can do it!!

2 Likes

Welcome Kristen! Glad to have you with us, i struggled for a long time but this community is what made the difference…we cant do it alone we all need each other so please know you are in a safe place here, sending love and hugs :heart: :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Welcome Kirsten! Very glad to have you aboard! Strength in numbers lady. We’re in this together and that’s why this place works. Congrats on 3 days, just keep going one day at a time and nothing will stop you. Wishing you all success. Big hugs.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! So very glad you’re here!
:v:t3: and :purple_heart:

1 Like

Welcome! This forum is amazing! Congratulations on 3 days!:star2::star2::star2::star2:

1 Like

Welcome to Talking Sober (TS) Kristin! Glad to have you aboard. I hope you take some time to read around as there are some great threads. Here are a few of my favorites (linked below).

Your #1 Tip for Sobriety

(Resources for our recovery)

Change your Relationship with Alcohol

2 Likes

Hello Kristen and a warm welcome to you!
As you are a bit like me in my drinking days then your life circled around drinking. We think about it loads: when to drink, how much we drink, where to hide some, where to buy it this time because you do not want the cassier to think weird about you, etc.
It coast loads of time…
And then the time we spend drinking? Even more time. Ore spend sick because of a hangover…

Put all that time that you have put into all that into you recovery instead.
Like reading here, listen to podcasts, reading books about recovery, etc. I learned so much about myself and my addiction, still a growing process :seedling:
Happy for you that you made the same choice!
Life isn’t easy, it still isn’t but it’s deffinitely better then it used to be.
And for you: becoming a grandparent! :heavy_heart_exclamation:
That is an extra motivation!!
success-see-your-goal-understand-the-obstacles-create-a-positive-mental-picture-clear-your

1 Like

Welcome Kristen, I’m also on day 3! Really happy your here! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Hey Kristen this app can be a real life changer alongside family and or community support, here’s to 3 days free.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the links. Everything you said is true. I will check out the links soon. Have a great day.

1 Like

Welcome aboard Kristen! You are amongst like minded people with lots of support to share. Congratulations on 3 days of sobriety. Something tells me you’re going to meet and be a role model for your grandchild.

Welcome Kristen! Hope to see you around on the threads :heart:

Hey Kristen
This is a late response - but I’m curious how you’re doing? I really hope you’ve made it so far without drinking…you said you were on Day 3, and I think that was 5 days ago? SO …Day 8?
I will tell you the first 4 days are hands down the hardest…if you made it to Day 4, you’re through that hurdle…if you’ve made it to Day 8 you’re well on your way!
You can do this - it isn’t easy, not at all …but you can do it - there is a new life waiting for you on the other side.
All the best, stay on this forum - ask others for advice, your feelings, whatever.
Take care
John

Hey John,

I am doing well. 8 days today and while it is not easy the second week doesn’t seem to drag like the first. The clarity is great as is waking without a hangover and regrets. Hope you have a great day. Thanks for checking in. Kristen

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. Great job on your eight days (as of today).

1 Like

Welcome aboard Kristen. Definitely a great group of incredibly helpful, well intentioned and intelligent people.
Sobriety life really is the better life route.

1 Like

Congratulations on 7 days! I got a DUI as well…awful and humiliating and don’t ever want to go through that again! You can do this and you will get to see that little one!!

3 Likes