Last night was the end

I live alone, last night I decided to drink an entire fifth of whiskey. This isn’t the first time. My boyfriend lives about an hour away. I woke up this morning, he has ended our relationship. We’ve discussed my drinking becoming a problem but this is my rock bottom. I don’t remember any conversation we had. I was awake in the middle of the night violently throwing up on my floor because I couldn’t make it to the bathroom.

I drink because I’m lonely. It helps me escape temporarily. But it is continuously ruining my life.

Two weeks ago, I blacked out and woke up with a cut and bleeding lip. No recollection of how it happened except that I probably fell down.

I am beginning a new job this week. I feel very alone but I am grateful for this community. I will get through this. I want to be sober. There is no cutting back for me.

28 years old. I’m an alcoholic.

24 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on making a decision to stop. Make sure you have a game plan. Are you planning on going to any type of meetings? AA, SMART, Refuge Recovery, Dharma Recovery? You may find you feel less alone if you can participate in some sober companionship.

6 Likes

Welcome to this great community. Congrats on your decision. There’s so much helpful information and wonderful peolpe to help you on your sober journey. I look forward to seeing you around. Join us on the check in, it helps with accountability. Here’s the link
Checking in daily to maintain focus #8

5 Likes

Welcome. That does sound like rock bottom. Lost time is a scary thing. I’m very glad you didn’t find yourself victimized while blacked out.

All you have to do is stay sober one dayvvat a time. You can do this. Congratulations on your new job.

4 Likes

Welcome, I’m glad you are here. There is a lot to read and learn here :bird:

2 Likes

Thank you I do plan on attending my first ever meeting this week. Any tips on what to prepare for?

5 Likes

Just be open. I am not sure which kind of meeting you are going to but listen, acknowledge and process later. Don’t feel inclined or mandated to share. Just.Be. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

get phone numbers so you can lift the phone and talk to someone when you feel shaky , remember everyone there has been were you have so just try and relax wish you well

3 Likes

Sounds like hell time to make a decision to get your life back what your doing will not end wel keep reaching out get to bed tonight sober and start afresh tomorrow.xx

3 Likes

The end is always the beginning…
Welcome friend to this wonderful community of wounded souls.
We will be here walking with you one day at a time.
You are loved and you are worth looking after.
Take care.
:blush:

4 Likes

Welcome, good to see you here! :innocent: Lots of good advice here. Meetings are important (community is important - you need those people who’ve been through what you’ve been through). Understanding your addiction is important: what you’re running from, why you’re numbing out. All of us were running from something. In your sobriety you’ll learn to face it.

You’re stronger than you realize. Sobriety will scare you a bit and you’ll feel unsteady at times. But stick with it, take it one day at a time, join groups and talk with people. Everything is better when you’re sober :innocent:

Welcome to the first day of your sober journey! Looking forward to walking the journey with you :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome here ! You are still young , best you can do is to take decision to stop here with alcohol. You can avoid years of pain and suffering. Be happy for the best decision you ever made :muscle:t2::clap:!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your sobriety.

1 Like

My sober date pretty much coincides with starting a new job aswell and it has really helped me. I associate my work directly with sobriety and a fresh start. Im also constantly aware that I wouldn’t be succeeding in the job if I hadn’t got my act together. It’s one big positive feedback loop that is hugely beneficial. Perhaps you can use your new job to your advantage aswell?

Welcome to the forum and wish you well :+1:

4 Likes

I already feel so overwhelmed with love and support. This community is exactly what I needed and never considered. Thank you all. I will be sharing about meetings. I plan to attend one today. I’m nervous but I feel it will help make things “real” and that I’m taking it seriously.

6 Likes

Hi friend,

Your words were a replication of my past. Whiskey was my drink of choice and I drank for the same reasons even more. I understand exactly what you are going through. One of the best decisions was to join here and I swear it will all work out. Take it day by day. I know it hurts that your bf has gone. Something I had to learn was that everything happens for a reaaon good or bad. Take this time to focus on you heal and grow. You can do this, I’ve been sober for 35 days now. Started exactly where you were. You Got This!!!

5 Likes

I feel ashamed of myself…I feel your post. Head high… you can do this!

3 Likes

Very important word’s to remember always… :100: Welcome to the tribe… :wave::blush:

3 Likes

I too hit a rock bottom like that. 36 days ago. I was drinking about a fifth and a half of wiskey a night. I finally decided to stop. I had some loved ones take me to the hospital to detox and then I’ve been going to AA meetings everyday ever since. I took my 30 day chip last Monday and it felt great. I really suggest going to AA meetings they saved my life. It’s just like these forums except you get a better connection being face to face. We are all in this together. This is a fellowship and we are all here to help your sobriety and our own. I’m really glad to hear you made a choice to stop. Get to some meetings and work the program. Get a sponsor. It will change your life. I will pray for you tonight. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Hey there Ry:

First, I am just wicked impressed that you so simply and honestly took responsibility for getting drunk. Personal responsibility is an essential component for getting sober, too.

For your first meeting, they will welcome you there, as you are welcomed here! Some women may want to give you their numbers - this is so they can practice the part of the AA program that emphasizes helping others. You’ll be doing them and yourself a favor by reaching out after the meeting.

You can use the search bar on this forum for “First AA meeting” - there have been quite a few threads around this topic.

Blessings on your house as you begin your sobriety :pray:

4 Likes