Lets Talk about Anxiety attacks!

I’ve had severe anxiety my entire life as well (cptsd related), and I started drinking (and then kept drinking more and more and more) to try to deal with it as well…I didn’t realize until about a week in to my sobriety just HOW MUCH WORSE the drinking had actually been making that stuff for so many years. I’m still kicking myself over that realization lol. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hahaha yeah same. Its a vicious circle :pensive::pensive::pensive:

No joke. :sweat:

1 Like

I hate to sound naive but I just thought I was fighting my addiction…are these episodes anxiety attacks I’m suffering? I just went thru this same issue driving home on a payday​:confused: Thry come for ya but YOU FIGHT THRU!!! :peace_symbol: :two_hearts:

Most likely, yes. It feels like ur heart is ganna pop. Faint, out of breath. Like…something really bad is going to happen. Could be nothing. Like one Example. I was watching a movie and I freaked out for no reason. I couldn’t breath crying for no real reason. I felt trapped. Breathless. Im so sorry. Its not naive that u didnt know.

1 Like

I was alcohol free for 6 months and my anxiety improved. Then stupidly just before Christmas thought I could moderate. Started drinking more over Christmas which has led to heart palpatations (which I’ve never had before) and anxiety again. Had to see my Gp and am back on sertraline. I really believe all this is because I chose to drink again. The anxiety has come back even worse though.

1 Like

Same that’s why I was drinking too but it does be worse the next day :roll_eyes:

1 Like

U put me in ur situation, as kept reading. The more I read I felt the panicky feeling in my chest. My anxiety is so bad :frowning: Im so glad u were strong to smack all the triggers out of the way. It feels like moving heavy bolders out of ones path. Keep at it u are doing great.

1 Like

I think so too. Im sorry :frowning: Unfortunately, us alcoholics just cant drink normally. :tired_face: Stay strong. :black_heart:

1 Like

Yeah, my anxiety is way better now. im almost 11 days clean

This is brilliant. Will save it to use at work. Thank you.

1 Like

Is this app into a suppprt network for anxiety and stess any good? I think it Is accessible for a number of countries.

https://apps.beta.nhs.uk/big-white-wall/

I can sympathize!I get them in the middle of the night sometimes in bed out of a deep sleep!I went to urgent care and they prescribed me one fill of anti-anxieties, after treating me like a drug hunting loser!After 7 months of sobriety, I felt like I was being punished for being sober

Saved that one on my phone! Thank you! :kissing_heart: