Life Through a Sober Lens

South Lake Tahoe in the summer.

4 Likes

4 Likes

That looks so beautiful and peaceful! May I ask where these were taken?

1 Like

All of them taken today around the border of Qld and Nsw. Other half and I did about 7hrs driving all up just exploring and enjoying the scenery. Stunning weather for it too :blush::sun_with_face:

1 Like

Its gorgeous, and good memories along the way!

1 Like

Some pics my husband took today with his drone. Top of NSW

6 Likes

Ok, that’s awesome!!

I know eh!! We spend nearly every weekend driving for hrs at a time going to waterfalls and mountains and oceans and anywhere else we can think of so he can practise his drone filming stuff :joy:

1 Like

That’s fantastic, to me it sounds absolutely perfect!!! Adventures for the two of you, time spent together and beautiful scenery- you really can’t beat that!

We love it! Even bought our 1st thermos the other day so we can take coffee with us lol. Today we stopped alongside a waterfall, out in the country to stretch our legs and have coffee and vegemite sangas. It was pretty perfect. I must be getting more sense of smell back because the air out there smelt absolutely phenomenal! Husband kept laughing at me cause all i kept doing was sniffing the air and going on about how good it smelt :joy::joy:

1 Like

Hi there! I dont have a camera. I use my phone which tracks the distance I walk as well. I thought I would take the liberty of sharing a few photos I took on my hike. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Binna Burra, QLD

8 Likes

Not as pretty as the other pictures. But c’mon Hang 'em High is on. Reminds me of sober youth and spending one week a year with my dad watching all the Clint Eastwood movies on WGN.

1 Like

Great view!

Santa Cruz, CA

5 Likes

So I’m leaving to go to my Krav Maga class tonight, and this guy has decided to take up a spot right by the driver’s door. Dude wasn’t budging.

I said to him “come’on bug. Get off my car. I gotta get to Krav.”

He turned is head, and looked me straight in the eye, and I swear I heard him say " Your puny Krav Maga is no match for my Mantis-style Kung Fu."

I got in on the passenger side and climbed into the driver’s seat. Drove to class. Half expected him to jump me when I got out of the car.

8 Likes

I totally had a run in with a mantis today too! They must be attracted to awesomeness!

2 Likes

7 Likes

I miss that beach so much! Used to be my favorite when I was a teenager. I grew up in the East Bay, Livermore to be exact.

Great observation, analogy and idea. Oh and gorgeous photos!