Liver disease

It’s not reversible unfortunately. It is when the liver is scarred and when it tries to rebuild the scar tissue covers the new health stuff :persevere: but yes definitely ways to try to help! I’m switching my diet and not drinking. So far I’m ok :blush:

5 Likes

That’s amazing! Glad to hear y’all are well. And glad to hear it can be healthy again. Reading google isn’t the best thing sometimes lol I’m also needing to follow up with my dr too

1 Like

I’m sorry I thought it was! Remember reading here about people who has reversed it. But maybe their liver was less damaged, I don’t know.
Being sober is deffinitely better for your health, glad you are on the good side now :facepunch:

1 Like

Well now I’m hearing different things so who knows lol don’t rely on google :rofl:

3 Likes

I think there is nothing wrong with you trying to do everything that you can to try to help your liver.
There has been miracles, and I :pray: for you.
Never give up hope :people_hugging:
:purple_heart:

4 Likes

So glad to hear from you again. Go girl proud of you! We are the same age also so this is hitting home with me alot. I would have Always thought oh im young i wont get something like that yet. It can happen anyone. When i binge drink i could drink a litre of vodka to myself. I can only imagine whats going on in my body. Im reading a great book called ‘this naked mind’ by Annie grace. Really great book if you are looking for something to pass the time. Glad you are back today going strong. Did you get a good sleep yet?

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate it❤️

1 Like

I slept good. Felt more energy. Eating healthy. Just taking it one day at a time :blush:

4 Likes

I am sad… you are too effing young… But remember there are 4 stages of liver disease. Even if scarring has torn part of your liver and that part won’t heal, the rest of your liver can and will regenerate healthy cells if you are diligent, stay off the booze and keep a good diet amongst other good habits. Stay strong! :vulcan_salute:

7 Likes

There arw folks here that were diagnosed with cirrhosis and after being sober for a few years (along with healthy diet and exercise) have normal liver function.

11 Likes

@Lolo4shodoe How is it going today?

Im so sorry to hear about your diagnoses. You’ve came to the right place. Everyone here is very supportive. Did you have any symptoms of cirrhosis prior to diagnosis?

Hey there! I’m doing ok. Still eating healthy today. Chills/sweats are worse today, slept ok. How are you doing?

2 Likes

I was a daily drinker and would have symptoms thinking I was just “sick or had “Covid” then once my blood work back came back I looked up cirrhosis and all the symptoms made sense. I’m waiting for my dr to call back to follow up

1 Like

Wow so it was cold symptoms for you? It’s interesting how different everyone is.

Ya everyone at work and my family would tell me I never feel good. I work a 7-4 min-fri so I wake up at 530 come home after work settle in get drunk then pass out before 8 so my body/health is terrible. :disappointed: do you have cirrhosis too?

1 Like

It going to get better especially now that you have started to improve yourself. I don’t know if I do but I’m going to the doctors to get checked. I don’t have any symptoms the only thing that lingered but has improved dramatically was itching I had. I’m currently 30 days clean!

1 Like

That’s awesome congrats! My cold/hot sweats are coming up and I get antsy not knowing what to do so I’m trying to keep myself busy and getting back into cooking

Keeping yourself busy is key! It’s so important to recovery and feeling better

1 Like

Hey and welcome! I am around your age and got diagnosed with alcoholic cirrhosis at age 27. I’ve been sober for four years. When I first found out I didn’t stop drinking-I truly just wanted to die. Mine was so bad I was puking up blood, I was jaundice all over my face and eyes but I couldnt stop drinking due to the withdrawals. But like you, I finally reached out went to detox and rehab and have been sober ever since. I just got an endoscopy done of my liver and a scope biopsy of my liver and pancreas. My doctor told me after four years of abstaining from alcohol with the proper nutrients and losing weight, I have basically reversed my cirrhosis. Understand that a cirrhotic liver due to alcohol can become almost a normal liver again. They may not tell you this but I am your proof… You just need to commit to a healthy lifestyle and know if you continue down this path, you have a death sentence. Please message me if you have any questions. I’m here to support you as is everyone else. Hope my story helps you in moments where you feel hopeless @Lolo4shodoe :heart: as far as your blood work goes, I’m assuming your liver enzymes were elevated? Did a doctor specifically say you have cirrhosis? They’ll probably do a biopsy and endoscopy to see how far along it is.

25 Likes