Liver disease

It’s so good to see you. I admire the kids out of you.

2 Likes

Thank you for your story. I’m waiting for a follow up as other things were not at normal levels and waiting for an appt for an egd as well. I knew something was wrong about a week ago when I went to take a shot like any normal day and threw up blood. They haven’t specified the stage yet.

3 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I’m doing well, thanks for asking! I’m sorry to hear you’re dealing with the withdrawal symptoms but stay strong and keep on going!

1 Like

So glad you’re here! Welcome! I have had concerns with liver issues which is one reason of many I quit drinking. I had a blood work last year that said my enzymes were slightly elevated and it scared the shit out of me. I have done a lot of reading on it because alcoholism runs in my family and my grandpas brother died of cirrhosis. I’ve read obviously the damage can’t be reversed because it’s scar tissue but quitting drinking can return function. The liver is actually an amazing organ that can heal itself. I also started taking Milk Thistle supplement pills everyday 2-3 times a day per my doctor’s recommendation as it’s a natural liver healer/promoter. I recommend trying that if your doctor is okay with it. After taking them for 6 months my enzyme function was back to normal. I’m now dealing with a thyroid that’s slightly sluggish. My doctor said it’s not at a concerning level and that changing my diet wouldn’t help much, but I think that’s bullshit and I think drinking definitely has a negative effect on the thyroid. I’ve really been focused on trying to eat better and I’m getting ready to start a new workout routine again. I’m also sleeping a lot better since quitting drinking. Alcohol is basically one of the worst kinds of drugs there is because you’re slowly pouring poison into your body and the effects are staggering but stopping is the best thing you can do!

4 Likes

I’m sure you have already been learning about treatments but black seed oil is very good for liver injury. You should look into getting some and starting to take a spoonful a day. Everyone even without cirrhosis and just who has drank a lot can benefit from this too. I’m so sorry this has happened but you are doing great

3 Likes

I hope you can gain some…er, hope from yhe replies you’ve received. So many of us prove that healing is possible in sobriety…mind, soul, and body!

4 Likes

‘Alanine transaminase (ALT) is an enzyme that mainly exists in your liver. An ALT blood test is often included in a liver panel and comprehensive metabolic panel, and healthcare providers use it to help assess your liver health. High levels of ALT in your blood may indicate that you have damage to your liver and/or a liver condition’

At the peak of my drinking my ALT level in my bloodwork was 120…normal level is 0-35, after 2 months sober my ALT level was 35 and now im almost 6 months sober my ALT level is 18…just a little food for thought. Sending my love to you :heart:

5 Likes

Hi Hazy yes i absolutely hear you, i should have maybe stated that i have gone sober for many reasons …i only know my blood stats because im on a drug for psoriasis which i have to have regular blood , liver and kidney function tests for so i was just pointing out the difference in liver results since i went sober for the OP to see that sober time can make a difference, you are absolutely right that cold turkey is extremely dangerous and i wasnt advocating that

3 Likes

Nothing about cold turkey; just about the liver test :pray:.

2 Likes

That was just my experience with tests, everyone is different but i get what your saying

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice :blush::pray:t3:

2 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story! Glad to hear you’re doing well :blush:

1 Like

Completely agree-usually high markers of that are indicators of alcoholic hepatitis. It’s possible to get to the level of cirrhosis but mine was from cocaine and liquid Tylenol abuse while drinking. Cirrhosis is possible but you’re normally not feeling well before then which gives you time to get checked out before it reaches that point.

3 Likes

Oh boy. Prayers to your friend.ya I can’t just have one drink. That’s why I’m trying to stop completely. Thank you for sharing :relaxed:

5 Likes

I hope you’re doing good today @Lolo4shodoe!

2 Likes

I’m doing good! Was tempted to drink yesterday but cooked instead! Finally slept somewhat decent. Feel good energy just got the chills. Hope you have a great day :blush:

7 Likes

To follow up my dr wrote me back saying my levels were off but not to the extreme that I need to be highly concerned which is good. We are going to schedule an egd and a ultrasound of my love to check everything out and revisit for bloodwork one a month.

6 Likes

Happy to hear you’re better off than you expected. You can breathe a sigh of relief :heart: