Lockdown Blues

I am in early recovery, this lockdown / stay home thing is driving me nuts!!
I had a plan to work, keep busy and be more social to start to fill some of the gaps addiction created.
Covid 19 has got in the way of my plan.
I was a iv user, meth, opiates. It was very hard to stop.
I’ve started plotting to get drugs.
Yesterday I drank and took benzos,
I can’t do that, I need to not feed any of my addictiveness. Addiction destroys me as I am reckless.
I am in need of some direction…

6 Likes

Hi Steve :wave: welcome :blush:

I don’t have experience of those drugs but if you use the search bar :mag: you will see there are others who do.

Here is a link to some useful parts of the forum.

• probably quite alcohol focused but should be some stuff you can relate to.

One good thing about lockdown is it gives you plenty of time to look around!

Allow no idle time. Have a plan from the moment you wake (make your bed), until you sleep. Write it down. Stick to it. Listen to the Jocko Podcast, and hear stories how people overcome adversity. Go to www.darebee.com and do the daily workout, every day. Take some time to sit by a sunny window, or on your porch, and read something that will enrich your brain.

And check in here, multiple times a day

3 Likes

Hi Steve sorry to hear about your struggles. This lockdown is tough on the mind I can’t imagine it in early recovery :heart: yoda is right, keep as busy as possible, I have a simple workout routine I’m doing every day, I am teaching myself guitar and I track everything in a food/ exercise diary just because it wastes more time. Try to be busy and busy in a positive, bettering yourself kind of way. If nothing else hang out on here there’s loads of people in the same mental space

2 Likes

Here is 28 pages of AA online meetings, they are all day every day: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gr3IfHHon6qR6MIZ1VTq4GvvtN_8j3Av/view?fbclid=IwAR3gVCQIhet6I3u-bVxt_KQVFqZvUtnrLH57ziOt_E6qbbE9hHxpHwVfPwo

4 Likes

WOW!!! Superb list! Thank you, Thank you :pray::heart::kissing_heart:

welcome, it doesn’t matter about the virus as far as addiction is concerned bc if it wasn’t that there would always be a reason to pick up. Always has been always will be. We ain’t goona change the world but we can change us. Start by letting go of your resentment to your environment and use that energy towards your resentment for addiction bc if it’s making you feel shitty on the inside then your only ever gonna see shitty on the outside.
I don’t blame the world for my problems with alcohol, I made enough bad choices of my own to keep me going but at least they we’re my mistakes, if we broke it we can fix it. If this corona virus breaks you your gonna be waiting a life time for a cure.

5 Likes

Hi Steve. One good thing about this lockdown is I’ve done LOADS of things in the garden this week. Things I’ve been meaning to do for ages but never bothered. Coke is my vise. Like a ball & chain, stopping me doing the things I should & living the life I should but… I can’t get any!! I’ve had a great day today. I forgot how good it feels to be straight!
Steve, keep busy & good luck.

2 Likes

Have you been trying to score or you just know that you can’t get any? I stopped at the petrol station cash machine in my way to work and an old dealer saw me and offered me drugs. In err no thanks! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

There’s no point in lying. I have been trying (but not to hard!) Also, as I’m off work my wife would be on me like a pit bull if I snuck off anywhere. For me, lockdown has its benefits!

Yeah, the only thing coke inspires us to do is more coke, while blathering on like an idiot about stupid shit.

2 Likes

Early 80s in the Keys it was big, I literally left the state to get away from it!

1 Like

Oh hell yeah it was!! Early 80s everywhere, but especially there.

1 Like