Looking for things to do without picking up

Need help finding things to do,sober life is good but sometimes I find my self with noting but time

1 Like

Have you tried going to meetings? It’s a great way to meet soba friends and have people around us to help with recovery x good luck x

2 Likes

Yea I went to a meeting on friday it was nice ,but I wanna go out and have fun but cant find a spot where they dont sell drinks

2 Likes

Maybe ask at meeting ,sober people there might know of places you can go to wish you well

1 Like

Welcome Brandon!! I certainly understand the need to go out but it does seem drinking is woven into that experience. Once I was in a good place and felt confident enough to venture out, I chose some very good friends that knew I was not drinking. They were great and helped to establish in my network, I do not drink. In fact it is so well established now that my greatest temptation is when I am alone. I hope you have some trusted friends. Sharing this to let you know you do not have to be alone and it is okay to let people know you have stopped drinking. If your friends are not supportive and have your back, might want to evaluate those relationships. Once again thanks for posting and welcome.

2 Likes

Maybe you can find some inspiration here…

Hobbies and Interests

2 Likes

AA MEETINGS
WALKING
JOURNALLING
TALKING TO FRIEND/FAMILY
PUZZLES
WRITING DOWN LIFE STORY
EXERCISE,YOGA, MEDITATION

Ifind mixing recovery and things you like to do is a great mix for building a solid foundation for the start of your recovery without it your starting off on wobbly ground.

4 Likes