Losing myself

So I’ve been having the hardest couple months of my life lately. I’ve completely lost myself, friends and family and have been on a downward spiral with cocaine and alcohol. It’s affecting my job, my relationships and my all Over health. As I lay here in bed unable to sleep I can’t stop thinking about what it’s going to take for me to stop. I already feel like I’m at rock bottom and can’t get out…

10 Likes

There is help for you here. People will listen to you and help you as much as they can. You will get suggestions on ways to help yourself and get help possibly in your community. Asking for help and admitting that you have a problem and want help are the biggest hurdles towards coming up out of the bottom. You have done that posting here. There are others who can offer more detailed help to you than I can. Welcome to the community and welcome to the start of a turn around in your life. Hugs

3 Likes

Welcome to this great sober forum.
If you really want to get clean you can do it. But it’s going to take a lot of hard work.
And it’s worth it. And so are you :pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

7 Likes

You have arrived at a wonderful community, with lots of support and resources.
Write down how you feel, your reasons for getting sober and seek advice on here. This community has been my saviour, there is a check in daily thread to be accountable.

You done the right thing coming here, so well done and welcome.

5 Likes

Welcome! Read around, follow the links, use the search bar for keywords. Great stuff here for recovery!

2 Likes

It is a terrible feeling when everything seems to be slipping and u don’t know how to stop it. People talk about the gift of desperation, and it sounds strange, but it is true. You become willing to try things you haven’t tried yet, such as talking to a professional, meetings of some kind, rehab, and so on. I truly believe that in the same way sometimes things can spiral down getting worse, some changes can reverse it, so slightly better things lead to a bit better things, lead to much better things.

5 Likes

Thank you everyone for the warm wishes and encouraging words and links. I look forward to this journey

3 Likes

Continue to reach out for help, advice, Whatever you need. As you can see there’s lots going on at this forum.

1 Like

So don’t wait to see how the slide ends. You know how it ends.

Do whatever you have to do to get free. Meetings, Inpatient, IHOP, live on this app.

Act as if your life depends on it…because it does.

5 Likes

I have but it seems everytime I find meetings or any sort of counseling I never follow through. I’m embarrassed and that’s another thing that keeps me away from it …

2 Likes

No reason to feel embarrassed. Feel good that you are reaching out for help. You’ll be around people with not your exact story, but their own story.

1 Like

Don’t be embarrassed.no one is going to pass judgment on you. The only thing you will get it help ajd love

1 Like

You will quit when your ready

Keep trying! As long as you make steps, you don’t stand still. Find your path. You deserve a sober life :sunflower:

1 Like

You have to be alive to be embarrassed. The dead feel no embarrassment.

Being embarrassed at a meeting would be like being embarrassed at a nudist colony. You’re embarrassed because you’re naked? Look around…everybody is naked.

You will be among those who know what it is to be addicted, and how difficult it is to break free.

The alternative is death. Maybe it’s quick, an overdose or accident for example. Maybe it’s slow and painful. Relationships destroyed, financial ruin, homelessness, hopelessness, and then the end.

You still have the option to choose. We do get to choose our “rock bottom”. I’m happy that I chose my bottom when I did. Before my wife put me out. Before I lost a job. Before I got jammed up with the law. Before I physically hurt or killed someone.

I knew things would get better if I quit drinking. I just didn’t realize how astoundingly better it would be, and I’m not even close to being done getting better at getting better.

And you can too, if you want to.

2 Likes