Losing the people love most

Well im 55 years old and in recovery for the second time . Last December my wife filed for divorce whilr i was in rehab. Now im back and just found out the divorce was finalized a little more than 2 weeks ago. It a hard thing to go thru, but at least i found out while in rehab so i can get help. I’m tried of crying me eyes out. I love her with my life. Always thought we grow old together , but 20 years was all she could that. Going home in 2 weeks to a empty home alone scare the s.it out of me . 1 month 2 days 1 hour 59mins clean . Pray for me.
Thx Dean…

9 Likes

Welcome Dean. Sorry to hear about the divorce. There is a lot of great information and support here.

I wish you well in your recovery. You deserve a happy and sober/clean life!

1 Like

So sorry to hear Dean, my marriage ended as a result of my addiction as well. Going through a divorce now and even though it was my doing it hurts so bad.

Maybe Have a plan when you get out to attend one or two meetings a day, I live alone except when I have my kids and find getting out of the house even just for a walk helps.

Check in here a few times a day too that is helping me with the social.

Will pray for you as you requested Dean!

Thx u , i willhit meetings but kinda hard were i live in hot springs Arkansas.

Thx fighting hard ro get over wife

The rehab you are at should provide all the information you need for meetings around Hot Springs and then virtual options if you can’t attend in person. There are AA meetings that run 24/7, so if you have a phone that’s all you need to connect. Re-entering society after rehab is very hard. Rooting for you!

4 Likes

There are online options here. With these you can access meetings 24 hours a day. Attend as many meetings as you need to - it’s better than sitting & worrying & feeling lost (believe me, we’ve all been there :innocent:)

Online meeting resources

3 Likes