Lost and Confused. Advice Needed

I’m 18 and have been self harming from about the age of 12. I’ve had periods of time where I go longer without cutting. But right now, due to being home, I am very lost and have been relapsing more often. I’m the Class of 2020. The class that won’t get to have a graduation ceremony. The class that lost everything. I’ve worked VERY hard(4.0 GPA every year) to get to this point and all of my work was a waste. I don’t know what to do anymore. Like I said, I’m very lost. Any advice is welcome​:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

1 Like

I’m going to tag someone who I think has successfully gone quite a while without self harming. @Kakimime1 can you go m8? Had it take as been a waste, there are people dying, if I got this virus it would probably kill me in light of that is the graduation ceremony the end of the world? I’m not saying that it’s not important but in just trying to put things in to perspective.
Maybe I just don’t get it as we don’t have then here in the UK.
Welcome to the community. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome Samantha. Take some time to read using the magnify glass at the top. I’m sure you’ll find a lot of people that are recovering from self harm and maybe you can get some tips.

All your hard work is not wasted. You have years ahead of you for college and that GPA will definitely pay off. Hang in there and know you’re not alone.

4 Likes

@sam.m
The Class of 2020 will emerge to be the leaders of tomorrow. We need you. I focus on each day as it comes. What can I do today to make life more pleasant for friends and family far and wide? In recovery I am learning to be kind to myself and others.

I’m sure that your school will find some way to celebrate your class. When that day comes, you can enjoy your achievement with gratitude and gusto. Until then, know that you are loved. Shalom :unicorn:

7 Likes

Hi @sam.m I’m going to echo what @Phoebe said:

Leaders are formed in the fire of adversity. Your class will have perspective and strength that no class in maybe the last 30 years has had. How many times has there been an event that has pushed people to dig deep for courage, unity, and persistence - across the globe - in the way this pandemic has?

It’s true the pomp and ceremony and uniforms of a graduation are not in the cards for you this year. But you are the people who will lead the companies, NGOs, and governments of the future. And your perspectives and insights will be informed by this time, when people moved mountains in the face of such a powerful threat.

You have profound strength within you. You have courage. You do not have a graduation this year, yes - but you have wisdom and experience that will shape humanity’s future.

Take heart. You will see a brighter day. Take it one day at a time, one step at a time - progress, not perfection :innocent:

6 Likes

Hey. I’m also in class of 2020. But they haven’t cancelled our stuff yet. Who knows. Have you gotten into college or know what your plans are for next year?
I think focusing on moving forward is more important that focusing on what were missing. I switched schools so I don’t care much about graduation or prom. But I know a lot of people are frustrated rn. I would suggest trying to fill your time as best as possible. Do you have a pet? Or a young sibling? Or a passion? All of those are good things to focus on. I know I tend not to hurt myself as often if I focus on other things and try to better myself.
I’m really sorry you’re going through all this. Quarantine really makes it all harder. Good luck my friend!

6 Likes

You are brilliant with that 4.0!!! :tada: If you feel alone as other’s have said stay connected… This is the community that cares!!! You are not alone… You are loved more than you may know… You have a great purpose right here, please don’t ever forget that… You are a child of the most high king, we all are… Please don’t hurt yourself anymore… If it’s nice where you are walk outside of you can, everything that is good God put here for you and for all of us… Your existence matters… I have faith in that… Stand tall and know Samantha… :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

I would love to hear a valedictorian type of essay from you. I’m sure everyone here would like that. Tell us about the class of ‘20’ I’m 40 years old I can’t even imagine what your going through.
I’d love to read about it.
Please share

6 Likes

Hey. Girl. Ive spent 40 years self harming. We all do it in different ways. Head up. Joy comes in the morning. Every morning. Make a decision. Just one. Or maybe focus on the ones your doing that you know are good and bring love into your spirit.
Take care if yourself today and tell distractions to fuck off…even if its your phone. You can be sober and clean. In fact if you havent used today then youve won the most difficult part. So celebrate. Seek truth and you will find it. Always. You are already a total sum of everything God made you to be. Human stuff isnt easy. We will be here to help you navigate. Hoping you have some real support at home. :sun_with_face::blush::kissing_heart:🤸

6 Likes

@SobeeDad I actually got a letter saying if I send in a speech, I can be valedictorian. Maybe I’ll write one even if I don’t give it to the school. I can share it with you guys instead😊I think that can help to get some of this off my chest.

11 Likes

We would love that! Please do. I’ll be looking forward to it! :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Please do!! We would all love to read it.

5 Likes

That’s such a good idea!! I definitely would love to see that!!!

4 Likes

I would love to hear it / read it!

3 Likes

Hey Samantha, it must be really painful to miss out on such a special time you were anticipating with your fellow students… You studied so hard and it feels like it was in vain.
It feels like you’ve lost everything and it was all a waste but that’s a lie really…
You will grow and find new purpose through all the adversity and unpleasant circumstances.

5 Likes