Lost track

Lost track of how many times I’ve reset. But I’m not giving up yet. I know I need to stop drinking and I know it’s not like flipping a switch.

4 Likes

What kind of things are you doing to enhance and maintain sobriety?

3 Likes

I am the same , but this time I feel yoga ( Dan tain ) and meditation is really helping to keep me in the moment :two_hearts:

1 Like

Drinking seltzer water and not thinking about alcohol. Exercising. It doesn’t help that my wife drinks most nights. And when I see her drink….

Ever think about a program of recovery? One saved my life

1 Like

Not for me. Assuming you mean AA. I don’t believe in God and I’m told that there’s believe in God in AA.

Plenty of people in AA who don’t believe in God. @Mephistopheles is my go to for this

2 Likes

I don’t believe in God and go to AA.

3 Likes

A lot of other things than AA…

2 Likes

Check the list here:

Resources for our recovery

1 Like

Folks…I didn’t mean to offend anyone by saying I don’t believe in God. I absolutely respect other people’s beliefs. And if it works for you then that’s fine.

1 Like

Plenty of people don’t believe in God. I don’t think you offended anyone

1 Like

You didn’t offend anyone. Working sobriety is very much about recognizing you can’t control others, you can’t control most things in life. You can’t control what’s gonna happen in the weather - in other peoples choices - all you can do is walk sympathetically and supportively beside them.

So - what do you want? What sort of problems have you been seeing from your drinking?