Love of my life fell in love with another manšŸ˜­

My heart is so sore my head is taking over Iā€™ve been with my lady for 15 years and love her so much I would do anything for her. I went to rehab got free from addiction and it was to late I have lost the love of my life

14 Likes

Thatā€™s really too bad friend. Hang in there, just like sobriety Iā€™m sure getting over her will be a fight. Dont let her take you down that road. Take care man.

3 Likes

Big hugs :hugs:. Hang in there, please do not reverse all your good work. Allow yourself to grieve and heal. The heartbreak is unimaginable when it seems everything is lost. Your are worth so much more. Hope you feel better soon and your future looks brighterā€‹:pray: :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Oh gosh! Iā€™m really sorry about how you feel. OK this sounds harsh but really there is no time like healing. Believe it or not it will heal. I understand that it may not feel like it now. It will. :heart::pray:

4 Likes

I have nothing to say that could make this go away, but like everyone else in here, we feel your pain. We know this isnā€™t easy, just know that youā€™re loved by God, and going backward is not an option. Alcohol and drugs will not make anything better or easier. And even if there is one moment of relief from those old things, it will not last. Iā€™ll pray for you. Keep your head up, someone is out there waiting for you.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your pain. I think there are quite a few of us on here who can relate to this type of loss! What matters most is that you continue your sobriety. This is the most important step in your journey and to move ahead while you pave that next path for yourself. You need to do what is best for you and I have faith that you can do that. You are doing this for yourself and not her. Donā€™t let it control all the hard work youā€™ve put into this journey. God speed.

3 Likes

Many of us start out on the road to sobriety for someone or something else or to hang onto something, including this Goat.

At some point, Goat had to take long look at himself and realize that the only reason I stay sober today is for me. People, places and things fade awayā€¦ My sobriety cannot fade with them.

10 Likes

it is sad but just thinking out loud I think I would give up my Mrs before I gave up my sobriety, I canā€™t love anyone if I donā€™t love myself plus I could probably get another partner but I may never find sobriety again.

6 Likes

Thank you heaps some days it feels like Iā€™m going to die. And then it passes. Iā€™m having one of those moments right now it sucks so much. After all my change in the last year it was too late fuck addiction sucks my heart goes out to you all .

4 Likes

Thanks for all the kind words. Iā€™ve been thru so much with this lady and for her to give up on me now puts so much doubt in how I am and what I can be. Like you fellow recovery cats say itā€™s for me and that hasnā€™t change i dont want to go back. It just makes me feel so broken the one person that I care and love on the planet Iā€™m not good enf for. Man this is the hardest thing Iā€™ve gone thru in my life and I went to a intensive rehabilitation which i thought was the hardest thing i had ever and would ever have to go thu . Far out life man itā€™s so tuff

9 Likes

That is such a difficult thing. Iā€™m so very sorry.

One thing in my own life that I have noticed is that things come to a very definite end when theyā€™re supposed to. I know itā€™s different for everyone and this is my own experience, but I used to hold on to things and people with an iron grip. I just could not let go; especially of people, friends, lovers, who I thought would always be there and in that capacity. Itā€™s only been in the last couple of years that Iā€™ve been able to realize that sometimes things end for reasons we canā€™t understand at the time, and that it doesnā€™t mean weā€™re not worthy or good enough, it just means that situation ran its course and that whatever else was waiting for me couldnā€™t manifest until the old, no matter how much loved, moved aside to allow that to happen.

It really doesnā€™t make you feel better in the moment, but I wanted to bring that up because itā€™s very possible that as you continue to stay clean, you will meet someone who will be really good for you. I know thatā€™s probably not that helpful right now, but itā€™s a thought I wanted to share.

5 Likes

That is a painful loss. Know it doesnā€™t have to be for nothing.

Sober, with time you may come to enjoy a new love. It is to us only to be ready when our song is played.

Stand tall, stand sober, my friend.

5 Likes

Hey @Bryce1, man I cannot say how much I feel for you. We love deep and hard and I personally believe the best comes from that but also the most painful, destabilising, the unbearingly heartbreaking. Iā€™m with you in spirit, man :heart:
There is nothing anybody can do to take away from the pain, but you can do your best to keep stable and strong in your sobriety, and go through this and come out stronger for the experience. Which I am 100% certain you can and will, if you stay sober.
I want to only say one rational thing in reply to this post, which is: you are not not good enough for her. You are not not good enough for anybody. Iā€™m sure your woman did not intend for this to happen, and has not fallen in love with another as punishment for you or as a consequence of anything you did. These things happen. Itā€™s shite. But despite our best efforts, despite the amazing work youā€™ve done getting sober and becoming a better man, this has happened. You might have neglected the relationship in your using days, but there never is a guarantee, ever. Which is the harsh reality of life. I would struggle just as much as you, Iā€™d probably want to kill myself and Iā€™d at the very least undo a lot of the good work Iā€™ve done on myself. But you are strong, and youā€™ll stay sober. Youā€™ll gain your confidence back. Just right now, be kind to yourself, go through the pain. We are here for you.

7 Likes

Thank you this made me cry.

2 Likes

Oh man Iā€™m sorry. Not what I intended. But maybe itā€™s the kind of crying you need right now. Where you know someone feels your pain with you. Much love. Itā€™ll get better again. :heart:

2 Likes

It was a pain cry but a good one thank you again very kind word much love and peace

2 Likes

Hey im going through the same thing right now getting over an 11 year old relationship just found out she has been ā€œtalkingā€ with her coworker already for the past 2 months building some sort of relationship SMFH :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: o well it is what it is time to do me happy you will be alright brother !! Stay strong to be honest i feel so free im 25 im a truck driver i make decent money i feel like going out for the first time and get drunk and high ill never forget about it but i would be a fool ima stay strong ! And so are you it hurt me for 2 days then i got over it ā€¦i still care and love her but i accept the fact i lost her then again i lost feelings for her 2 years ago i just never said anything in fear of hurting her ended up pushing her away and well were ending it peacfully like bestfriends will stay connected it worked out ā€¦ dont worry friend it will be ok

2 Likes

Thanks dude hope you guys get on well and you can stay true to ur self. I think Iā€™ll never fully get over the lady I love she was my first and it will always be with me. Your right its about me now and I can only get stronger. Thanks for your kind words

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Bryce1 . Sorry to hear about your breakup, but such as life. At least now you can work on yourself, on your sobriety, on your recovery. Keep preaching out in this forum and staying connected. We do not drink or use no matter what life hands us. Maybe someday you will look back and realize this is the best thing that ever happened to you. Wishing you peace and serenity in your journey. :heart:

2 Likes

My heart breaks for you. XxšŸ’”

2 Likes