March Workout Challenge 🏋🏻‍♀️

Thanks Jenny! This is a great idea. I am fasting (no food or drink during daylight hours) for (most of) the month of March so I won’t do the vigorous exercise, but I will get in some planking, and I will do daily walks. Go team! :muscle:

4 Likes

Wow! Fasting… can I ask how Fasting helps? Or what the reason for your Fasting is about?

1 Like

I’ll be there!!

For day 7,14, 21, 28 anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Thanks for the invite.
:pray:t2::heart:

I got to listen to this 62 year old body and stick to my Pilates reformer workouts. But I’ll Ace those rest days :zzz:

3 Likes

It’s a religious fast. I’m a Bahá’í, and the last month of the Bahá’í year (which in most years is Mar 2-20; some years it’s Mar 1-19, depending on something astronomical that I forget right now :laughing:) - the last month is the Bahá’í month of fasting (there’s a good note about the fasting on the global Bahá’í website).

Fasting has a mindfulness value. We humans are material beings - we have bodies and we need sleep, shelter, food, and connection with people - but we are also beings that have a metaphysical / philosophical / spiritual side. We have a desire to explore what’s beyond (or behind) the material. Fasting (healthy fasting - not emaciation, not starving; just a simple fast from sunrise to sunset; you still eat a healthy early breakfast, and a healthy dinner) helps awaken the spiritual. It reminds us that our hearts and our spirits are the driving force, the channel of power in our lives. Our bodies are the vehicle for our hearts to act.

For me, fasting reminds me that I am fundamentally a spiritual / metaphysical being. When I feel the hunger during the day, I embrace it; I feel it, let it flow through me. It awakens a spark in me - it is a time when I focus most intently on the heart, and it fills me with energy ahead of the Baha’i new year (which falls on the spring equinox, the first day of spring, usually March 21).

6 Likes

Wow, interesting! To be honest, I had never heard of Bahá’í religion. Something I had to Google! Learnt something new today!

1 Like

It was worth a try… :yum: In April we’ll launch the “Rest day Challenge”, I bet you’ll join us on that one!

6 Likes

Wow! Thank you for sharing this! I have learned many new things today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Day one, done! Thank you for setting this up! That was the perfect little push to finally start working out again after a lazy February :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:clap:t2::clap:t2: I have to finish this one, I only finished the plank challenge, all the others I ended up dropping out. I’m still having my first coffe of the morning right now, so I’ll do the exercises later on! :muscle:t2:

1 Like

I am scared shitless but joining! Don’t know if I will get every day in but will do best. No reason I can’t, this stuff can be done at home as well as the gym.

Push-ups will have to be done from the knees lol

5 Likes

Day 1 done. Drinking coffee immediately before is not recommended!

I know why the caged bird sings, ah me, When his wing is bruised and his bosom sore,- When he beats his bars and would be free; It is not a carol of joy or glee, But a prayer that he sends from his heart’s deep core, But a plea, that upward to Heaven he flings- I know why the caged bird sings!
Paul Laurence Dunbar

4 Likes

Day 1 complete

4 Likes

Day 1 done. Am I the only one who is glad that the push-ups don’t increase this week? :rofl: Great stuff!

3 Likes

I do push-ups on my knees! I can do 10, but more than that, I stay on my knees. Nothing wrong with it! :grin:

3 Likes

Day 1 done! :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

I did it and felt so sick lol

2 Likes

816am Day 1 :white_check_mark:
My non-existent abs are on fire :fire:
Did push-ups using the wall for now
Also plank was on my knees. I only got 15sec with a full plank. So will work up to it.
~ Also thank u so so much for this March challenge. I’ll be honest… I wasn’t going to do it today. I have an all or nothing personality and bcuz I didn’t go to the gym this morning, I was thinking why bother doing anything. But this little workout was SO good! :+1: ~

6 Likes

Last night I didn’t get to do my yoga and so I started this challenge a day early. These made it clear how much core work I need lol. Proud of you for doing it! :heart:

1 Like

So glad your joining Dana!! :clap:t2::grin:
If it looks like too much, just cut the amount in half, or adapt the exercises.

1 Like

I hear you on the all-or-nothing thinking I have struggled with it a lot in the past (and present). Especially around diet and exercise.

Recovery is helping of all things I am learning to take each day one at a time and ask myself just for that day if I can go to the gym or not. If I get there a few times a week that’s so much better than nothing!

I joined the burpees thread last month, by no means did I complete the program but on 5 or 6 occasions I got 10 burpees in. 60 burpees better than nothing! But I need to concentrate to make myself think that way (the right way).

Kudos to you Dana and to us all in this thread!
(Except me, still at work, not been to gym yet).

4 Likes