Marching Towards Sobriety

Hey There!

Monday was a long one for me too, but I accomplished a lot and I did clear minded! Sounds like your day was productive and ended AF! Iā€™m gladā€¦I hope the evening treats you well my friend!

Iā€™ll talk to you tomorrow :blush::raised_hands:t2::ocean::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Hi friends. Just a super quick hello. Very busy work day. Will check in later.

I hope everyone is having a sober Tuesday. Guess what? I am NOT drinking today. No way, no how.

4 Likes

Hi all, Iā€™m relatively new here too. I quit last Thursday so Iā€™m five days in.

2 Likes

@TriumphSTsprint - Welcome!! This is a great community with so much support. And lots of people with lots of time sober. :grinning:

2 Likes

@Mbwoman yea seriously, itā€™s a very Hard challenge, every day, each day. And itā€™s not like we working in a Bar etc.

I work in the steel industry and itā€™s totally common to drink on nightshift. Like a bullshit tradition that makes no sense but most still celebrate it.

And itā€™s very risky too, you can easily fall into a machine and die in the worst case.

My last time drunk at work was in Nov,16, 2019, I even used some cocaine on that day because I was so drunk and thought Iā€™d need some coke to get ā€œsoberā€ & clear. Iā€™ll never forget that day. I even talked a lot of bs to my supervisor that day and didnā€™t even realized.

If you check my profile you can see that Iā€™ve registered on Nov. 20, 2019.

This weekend started a lot of drama and I embarrassed myself in front of many friends & my family.

But not this time!!

Im on my Day 4 off weed & alcohol!!

I hope youā€™re doing well!

Stay safe, healthy & sober.

4 Likes

Hi everyone, very new here on day 2 now. Happy to have joined this community :blush:. Feel hopeful.

3 Likes

Welcome @Anneb :raised_hands:

This is one of the greatest forums Iā€™ve ever been and Iā€™ve been to many lol

Enjoy your stay and read through the threads. It will give you hope and power.

How was your day?

Blessings.

4 Likes

@Nick247ā€¦agreed!! Great forum!

Welcome @Anneb!!

3 Likes

I am starting Day 5. Feeling great. At the gym at 5:30 (yes, a.m.). Enjoying a spirited game of tug of war with our 2 year old, 70 pound Golden Retriever. All was well until he bashed my nose with his really hard head. I saw stars!! Then laughed and asked him if he was OK. He wagged his big, floppy tail in confirmation. Onward! :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Good morning, I reset on sunday, the first sunday in a long time I have not drank. 3 days in and this group has gave me the motivation to better my life with out alcohol. Stay strong!

3 Likes

March 3 here too!

@Dazercat that is a brilliant letter!

@Mbwoman keep it up. Good work. You got this. And if you slip know that you can do it even if there are bumps along the way.

3 Likes

I hope you Day 4 was a great success!

2 Likes

Checking in after a bad relapse. They are all bad at this stage of my alcoholism. Getting ready to make some major decisions with the help of family, sober community and friends, and my therapist. I am blessed to have this support. Will send prayers for all of those struggling.

3 Likes

@peegeeā€¦no guaranteesā€¦that I know. But enough slips for me. I really know I can do this. And I will!! You, too! I am wrapping my head totally around the truth that staying sober is my choice.

2 Likes

I am so glad you have people to help you!! Please let us know what you decide!!

1 Like

@Nick247ā€¦Hope you are still holding on to those sober days. Your job sounds dangerous without alcohol!! Something tells me more than a few of your coworkers have drinking problems.

I hope you have done embarrassing drunk stuff for the last time!!

Hang in there!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for caring :pray:

Indeed itā€™s dangerous and weā€™re dumb enough to risk it even more. The root of drinking in our occupational field goes deep. 20-30 years ago it was even a bigger problem because everybody was drinking, nowadays itā€™s just a few who canā€™t cut it.

Yes alcohol is a big problem and everyone who drinks at work has a problem but theyā€™re not honest to themselves and donā€™t change anything!

But Iā€™m better :muscle:

Iā€™m at work right now, Iā€™d lie if Iā€™d say that Iā€™m fine.

Anxiety, sweaty palms, high pulse and blood pressure and I donā€™t sleep more than 4 hrs a day makes me feel like a wreck!

But Iā€™m 5 days off alcohol almost 5 off weed and 7 days off coke! Thatā€™s the good part!!

My wife is talking to me again on a normal basis. Thatā€™s even better! But sheā€™s still pissed. But Iā€™m not mad at her, she had so much drama just because of me.

How are you? @Mbwoman

How was your day??

Blessings

3 Likes

Itā€™s a night a bowl and usually have beers but tonight it is just the bowling! Success! Thank you!

2 Likes

Sober bowling?? Who knew how fun it could be?

1 Like

@Nick247ā€¦congrats on giving up multiple poisons. I had a good day. Did my 9-5 just fine. Iā€™m a university administrator. SO had to help his daughter with some things so I brought the dog for a walk, made a grilled cheese, checked on my online students (side hustle as an adjunct faculty member) and will crash soon. No cravingsā€¦but thatā€™s my norm. Any time after 30 days I get antsy. Soā€¦extra vigilant in April. :peace_symbol:

3 Likes