Marching Towards Sobriety

hej you all!
I check in, too. My sober date is today.

4 Likes

Welcome @Akira. Today is an outstanding day to begin your sobriety journey!!

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Of course it will give you the power @Anneb :smiley:

We gonna make it together to the end of the week💪

My day was good, thanks. I made a lil trip with my bicycle and it felt great and finally after 3 months lock down I was able to visit a barbershop again because they were all closed. I feel like a human being again and not like a yeti :rofl:

Physically, I feel weird, still some anxiety, headache & its so cold also high pulse and weird feelings. Sometimes I’ve a kind of natural high feeling. I feel very nervous, but mentally the sobriety is giving me power! I feel strong in my mind but weak in my body.

Bless y’all

2 Likes

Day 4 today, been having a bit of anxiety and insomnia the last two nights. But other than that feeling good and strong. Fridays are usually my biggest problem, where I lose control. I have imagined how proud I will feel of myself on Monday when I make it through a sober weekend :grin:. I know that feeling will keep me strong.

3 Likes

Good for you. Of all the problems I face…either real or imagined…feeling like a yeti isn’t one of them. Thankfully! :laughing:

I have been getting weird feelings, too. It has been going on for months. Next time I visit my doctor I am going to mention it. It’s like I’m over-sensitive to the startle reflex. Hard to explain. But I’m sure it involves my body trying to get back to normal.

Off to face the last work day of the week. Oh joy!

Have a sober Friday!

2 Likes

@Anneb…yeah, think that’s normal. Congrats on Day 4. Each day is better, isn’t it? What are you doing today to avoid drinking? Got a plan?

1 Like

@Mbwoman thanks so much. Yes it definately is. I had a small auto pilot like thought on my drive home but was able to dismiss it rather quickly. I have declined invites for the famous ‘one drink’ lol. So far so good. I am also going to do something with my mom this evening, then rest. Tomorrow I have a mountain load of work to catch up on…all the work I procrastinate coz I am always feeling sick and so tired half the week from binge drinking. :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:. How do you usually keep busy?

2 Likes

I had the same feeling, almost like I was jumping out of my skin at the smallest things or even with some of my thoughts. I also had those horrible hypnic jerks before falling asleep, and in the first couple weeks it was awful and kept me from sleeping well. It’s residual anxiety and chemical/hormonal imbalances, I believe, and I think it’s normal when you’re body is finding it’s equilibrium after becoming sober. I think around a month sober I felt it ease up. It gets better! Here’s what I read about those hypnic jerks:

2 Likes

That is very interesting thank you @RosaCanDo. I am looking forward to a more balanced existence. I tried listening to some meditation tracks which seemed to assist a little bit. I fall asleep fine but it’s like a wake up a couple of hours later almost ready to start my day :rofl:.

2 Likes

Rosa…thanks for the info. Sounds like an insult you can hurl at someone. Hey, you hypnotic jerk! I used to get those more when I was drinking heavy. I’d end up getting a charley horse, too. Actually, though, I have been taking magnesium for foot cramps for a few years and that really helps. The foot cramps were not alcohol-related.

1 Like

Lol! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It sure does! I also take magnesium supplements that have helped me.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, stupid liquor store autopilot. Next thing you know I’m standing at the register with my wallet Not smart. I work 9-5 M-F and on those days when I get home I bring the dog for a walk. Then get dinner ready. Once I am home I am fine, I will not go back out. Weekends are time spent with my non-drinking boyfriend. Actually, we live together and he is retired. You would think my living arrangement would make it easy for me not to drink. Ha!! I tend to make things not easy for myself. I live in a beach resort area and now the weather is starting to turn warm. Lots of beach days. And walks on the beach in the evening. That’s great that you have plans with your mom tonight. Be easy on yourself tomorrow with all that work you want to catch up on. Getting too tired could be a trigger.

3 Likes

@spursxfanx1991, welcome. It is ironic you mentioned the positivity. Not 5 minutes ago someone was blasting the forum saying all the niceness and “you got it” and fluff made them want to puke. Hmmmmm…there is, I think room for encouragement and also a good kick in the ass when necessary.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree! Thank you for saying so.

2 Likes

Love Stevie!
@FleetwoodMac :grin:

4 Likes

So do I!! And I kid you not . . . just when I opened this post I was listening to Stevie singing Rhiannon on my Echo. Thanks so much for posting this.

1 Like

Had no idea about Stevie Nicks. She is one of my favorites.

2 Likes

Day 6 :blush: feeling good! Made it through a full weekend sober. I have not done this in a long time. Early days still but it is good to remind myself of this feeling. Thank you for all the support. I hope you are all having a great Sunday. :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

@Anneb. That is great! So…you followed through with your plans - time with Mom and catching up on work??

2 Likes