May physical fitness challenge

I have an idea for a challenge for May. It’s a simple set of exercises, and the idea is to increase the number of sets you do within the time and compete against yourself.

Set a timer for 15 minutes. Within this overall limit:
5 situps
5 pushups
15 seconds rest
5 squats
5 tricep dips
15 seconds rest

Sort of a cross between tabata and burpees.

I can come up with a calendar, to include - 4 days exercise sets, 1 day 30 minute cardio, 4 days exercise sets, 1 day rest. Repeat 3 times.

What are your thoughts?
@Jesile @Runningfree @50ber @JazzyS @Becsta @Mischa84 @Tragicfarinelli @TrustyBird @Jasty2 @Hidden

12 Likes

@Mno @Chevy55 @MrFantastik only ten users can be mentioned in one post!

2 Likes

Thanks for thinking of me Dan
Not sure if I’ll be able to this particular set yet (still healing some torn muscles) but I’m in for the workout challenge. I will make sure to do some form of sets each day.
Gotta get this body moving :smiling_face::muscle:t4:

3 Likes

Great idea @SinceIAwoke. I was intending to cheer from the sidelines this month as I’ve ramped up my own exercise routine. However, you can count me in.

What’s the 30 min cardio?

Not me this month. I’m still be careful with my back and just focused on doing what I can.

Y’all enjoy :tada:🏋🏻‍♀

3 Likes

Whatever you want - bike, run, swim, one of those jazzer classes, whatever floats your boat and promotes heart rate spike and recovery.

2 Likes

I think it’s cool that you’re taking the time you need. I “lazy shame” myself when I fall short of some self-imposed goal.

3 Likes

I was gonna skip this month, but I like the idea! Count me in! :blush:

2 Likes

I’m in for it, just gotta be careful of my bloody back (must get round to wiping it off sometime) :innocent:&:smiling_imp:

1 Like

I’m game, this looks fun and concise.

1 Like

I’m not ignoring, I’m still contemplating. With two outside physically demanding jobs from none staring hard next week and still my 3 weight sessions per week plus house chores just trying to understand if I would be successful.
I hate signing up to not complete. It weighs heavily on my mind when I make a commitment….

More to follow

1 Like

This old guy still walking 22 k steps yesterday my gardening and im turfing two of my neighbours gardens , wish all you young uns well

5 Likes

You rock it Ray! :muscle::+1: Fit like a young horse like we say :grin:

2 Likes

Day 1 :white_check_mark:
Added a 2 mile walk as well.

3 Likes

I’ll finally kick of the challenge tomorrow! I did go for a 6K walk this morning, at least something…

4 Likes

Day 1 completed. My trainer is a savage!

Come what may, time and the hour runs through the roughest day.
William Shakespeare, Macbeth

4 Likes

With impeccable timing I have injured my right achilles. Will sit out until I’ve recovered. Keep it up folks!

2 Likes

Ouch! Take your time to heal, Achilles don’t get a lot of blood flow and can be tricky.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Looks like crunches and stretching for me for a bit

I’m not in unfortunately, but do appreciate the invites and thought.
I have my program that I am focused on and enough work that will exhaust me throughout the summer, physically… I just can’t add in specific things daily…

Best of luck all and knock er out of the park!

1 Like