Me in pesadilla

I can’t believe how alcohol has taken me to this level. I have a beautiful wife and daughter who love me. Last weekend it was Father’s day and the only think I did is getting drunk… I am so embarrassed. Last night my wife talked to me with very deep words and I could understand how I am making her life a nightmare. This is the second time I try to quit drinking… It is a shame. God has given it all to me and this is how I behave… I feel like shit but I know that I could find the way to be the person I used to be.

5 Likes

Alcoholism is not a moral issue. It’s a spiritual disconnection… relying on a substance instead of God. God forgives you and knows what you are going through. When we surrender to acceptance that we have a toxic relationship with alcoholic and decide to lean into God’s will instead of getting drunk…that when the changes begin. Your painful experiences are for a purpose…you will become a better version of yourself, a better father, a better husband. Instead of beating yourself, love yourself enough to say “Just for today, I will not drink. I will let go of what no longer serves my well-being today” You deserve to create a happy and healthy life for yourself by surrendering. Welcome @Medinostoc. :grin: Su pesadilla terminará. Hoy es el día para comenzar su viaje en recuperación. Heres a nuevos comienzos.

8 Likes

Gracias @Melrm , this is the second time I try quitting. My wife doesn’t know that I am working with this app… Last night it hurted me a lot to listen how she feels about me. She told me that she loves me so much but that things can change if I don’t change. I feel alone. To be honest I don’t have any single friend I can talk to about this… my social circle is so conservative. I may keep expressing myself. I wish you find the way to get out of your condition too. God bless you.

3 Likes

I cherish the lot I was given rather than despise it. If it wasn’t for my own experience, strength, and hope in addiction and now in sobriety, I wouldn’t be able to relate to people the way I do. It’s not a curse. Yes, I can’t drink. But so what. Look at all that we can do instead. You’re not alone @Medinostoc. We are all here on this journey together. These feelings and hurt that came from your wife, goes to show you the reality of this disease. Now, we make the decision to not stay where we are. She really loves you if she’s able to speak up and is concerned.

8 Likes

@Melrm Amen. Another great post.

4 Likes

@DrunkNoMore I wish you the best. Saludos from Monterrey, México.

Bienvenido, has dado un gran paso reconociendo que debes cambiar esta situación, yo hace 2 meses estaba deprimido y bebía a diario para borrar mis problemas, yo tengo 2 hijas pequeñas y he decidido dejar el alcohol solo por ellas, tu tienes una esposa y una hija por las que debes luchar y hazme caso “SE PUEDE” el alcohol es un hábito que cuando pasen unas semanas sin beber dejara de atraerte, aquí en la app encontrarás amigos, apoyo, ideas que te ayudarán a dejarlo y mucho ánimo, un abrazo desde España. :slightly_smiling_face:

Poco a poco, día tras día olvidarás esa “pesadilla” y empezaras a vivir un “bonito sueño”.

1 Like

I had a very similar first Father’s day. I was really embarassed over it as well as having the tremendous hangover. You are not alone. We are here to help.

Te doy los animos. Puedes hacerlo. Puedes dejar.

4 Likes

Amigos, last week I was defeated again… Sometimes it is hard to say no but I hope I keep all of my efforts to stay sober.

Now I am almost 4 days clean again, I think that, although I haven’t been consistent and alcohol still has won the fight (this time) I still feel that I am going the right direction. I feel motivated because I see my wife feeling optimistic and confident that I am doing my best.

I am starting to live that beautiful dream instead of the initial nightmare… I am starting to see the light, starting to feel good and everyday that goes by I feel even better. I am falling in love again with life.

Wish you the best always.

2 Likes

Hi pals! It took me losing my wife to learn that I could not quit on my own. No matter how hard I tried for her, I could not do it without help. Help that I believe only God and AA could have given me.

@Medinostoc. Sometimes you just have to learn the hard way,! We don’t only have to fall on our ass🐎 we have to fall on our head🤕 and break her nose👃. Unfortunately that’s just how it is.

1 Like