Meditation for Serenity 2021-2024! (tips, tricks & discussion/ 3 years running woot!)

2 out of 2 have had success! :partying_face: it’s gotta be good then right?! Maybe I’ll try it one of these nights earlier when I’m not tired and see if I can actually hear the ending :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Last nights wind down after work

Morning gratitude

And a bonus saw this pop up as a recommendation! A beautiful 3 minute mantra song that was perfect for my morning :heart: I favorited and plan to listen to regularly.

2 Likes

This was my bedtime fantasy :sleeping: :dizzy:

Going to check out that mantra right now.

Edited: its beautiful.

5 Likes

That is beautiful @Its_me_Stella. All of it. It’s so great that you can stay in the present. I am finding the more I practice the more I am able to sit with myself. I know I talk about Ram Dass a lot. He’s been an inspiration and influence for me for fifty years. Moreso now that I am clean and my vision is unclouded. He guided me through a 27 minute incredible meditation yesterday early morning. He recommends meditating right after waking. So I have been. I feel very receptive doing practice this way. Part of my practice is learning to sit with my own discomfort. For me it’s all about the breath,when my mind strays I bring myself gently back to my breath. For me it is the intake of air through my nostrils. The Venerable Bhikku Bodhi recommends doing walking meditation after sitting meditation. I have not tried that yetbut I will.

4 Likes

I am inspired by him too. :sparkles:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I had a chance to go to bed real early last night and I didn’t want to miss out on any sleep. Did the Dream For Sleep one and was able to listen to it all. And then sleep quite nicely.
:pray:t2::zzz::pray:t2::zzz::pray:t2::zzz:

3 Likes

Hello one and all,

I’ve already mentioned this in another thread. But maybe someone from here finds it also interesting. There is a quiet nice series about getting back into the week after a weekend: Sundays Scaries from Headspace on Spotify.

2 Likes

I am recommending this teacher.

I love her poetry and her meditations. Jess @anon9289869 I especially think you will be moved by her…thats my intuition speaking.
I listened to this poem this morning and it was beautiful…

I did this one the other day and it was very powerful too…

8 Likes

I’ve listened to almost all of them she has posted and they have taught me so much about myself.
I’d like to double recommend her :heart:

5 Likes

Oh I’m definitely listening to your bedtime fantasy tonight :wink: :relaxed:

3 Likes

:laughing:

I fell asleep at the part where i was petting the fawn.

3 Likes

I will definitly be checking her out! Is it thru Insight Timer?

1 Like

So i finally got to do this meditation @Dazercat that Eric posted awhile back. 20 min was the longest ive done a meditation for. It was really good! I feel so positive and uplifted right now. Saw my younger self (at maybe 9 years old or so) in my “safe” place which happens to be the backyard of my old home as a child. Even remembered a few times when Id play as a child. I was able to smell the BBQ going and felt the warm sun on my skin, while the wind chimes were going. It was very cool! Had to pull myself out of almost falling asleep. I did it lying down this time, which I rarely do lying down meditations. Im saving this one for later again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes she is.

2 Likes

:pray::smiling_face_with_tear::heart::pray::smiling_face_with_tear::heart::pray:

3 Likes

I love you too.
:heart:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I did this last night and found it very powerful. I woke up this morning with a running list of affirmations going in my mind. Great way to start the day.

https://insig.ht/7rseEaOP9sb

3 Likes

It’s hard for me to clear my mind after working on myself.
Best 10 minutes ever.

:pray::pray:

3 Likes