Meditation for Serenity 2021-2024! (tips, tricks & discussion/ 3 years running woot!)

Oh I love this! @apes2020 is always onto me about meditating :laughing: so I’ll jump on board and start tonight :blush:

5 Likes

Day 1 :white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:
3 minutes eyes shut before bed at 10:30ish last night.
3 minutes eyes open before bed 10:33ish last night

4 Likes

Day 2 complete.
5 mins eyes closed silent mediation.
:woman_in_lotus_position:

5 Likes

Day 2 - 10mins - marginally flexible lotus pose on a rock :white_check_mark:

6 Likes

Needed at 13 minute
Rest and reset guided meditation on insight timer.
Now to chef it up in the kitchen.

6 Likes

Day two complete

5 Likes

Day 2 :heavy_check_mark:
5 minute guided with eyes closed.
I need lots of practice, can’t keep my mind from wondering.

5 Likes

Day 2 :white_check_mark: Body scan, enjoying even with slight back discomfort

4 Likes

Has anyone ever tried Astral Projection?

4 Likes

I’m all over the map with this meditation thing.
Two 4 minute meditations in bed before bed. Yesterday I didn’t think 3 mins was enough. Because when I finally hit that “sweet spot” my gong sounds so I do it again. Same thing happened with the 4 minutes last night.

Maybe my meditation challenge is going to be to meditate every day/night. It doesn’t really matter what I do as long as I do it.

Feb 2 :white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

7 Likes

I’ve been doing this for years. My mind still wonders. I got a good guided one where he tells me let the thoughts come in. It’s ok. Think about it. Then get back to focusing on your breathing. Like I just wrote above. It seems like I hit that sweet spot and then the gong goes off. :grimacing: then I do it again.

I think the biggest thing I’ve learn is not to fight the thoughts that keep coming in. And let it happen and let it go and not beat myself up over it.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

3 Likes

I did 16 min guided meditation at bedtime last night it was nice. Was about listening to your heart… :sparkling_heart:

I have opted in for LIFE to this app called Moonly. They have different meditations everyday so aside from Insight Timer and this challenge I have also been doing those. Fucking addict brain hey? :brain:

:sweat_smile:

I am still really challenged with silent eyes closed meditations so that is what I am working on with this challenge. I find when my mind wanders if I just open my eyes and focus on something I can stop my thoughts immediately. Whereas if I keep my eyes closed its almost impossible and they will continue way in the background without me noticing right away.

6 Likes

Went on a two mile walk and meditated after. Every cell in my body is abuzz. Hope everyone is having a good one :relaxed:

5 Likes

I love reading the different perspectives of every ones meditations. I’ve tried your eyes open looking at the flickering fireplace in the dark. It was pretty cool. But I find it work to keep my eyes open. No, I did not fall asleep :wink: when I closed my eyes. It I found it more relaxing.

Finally canceled my Breethe app subscription. Insight timer for the win :1st_place_medal:
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

3 Likes

I have a friend who is a healer/medium who talked me through it in one session and it felt really good. Have tried a few times on my own but have struggled. Do you have any further info/links of helpful information?

2 Likes

Day 3
4 minutes :white_check_mark:

6 Likes

Day three , five breaths done. Also did two different five mins eyes closed meditations today, one silent ,one guided for stress.

5 Likes

Tried to meditate in the bath tub but the mind just wanted to think and wander, even mantra only worked for a littlr bit.
Also was focused on the motorscooter today with the rain drops blurring the face shield not a time to be mentally lazy. Turned out safe ride :pray::hugs:

3 Likes

Day 3 :heavy_check_mark:
My 5 minutes turned into 60. Fell asleep probably around 4 minutes. I won’t be doing it late at night anymore. Learning as I go.

4 Likes

Last night
5 min @ 10:30 :white_check_mark:

5 Likes