Meditation for Serenity 2021-2024! (tips, tricks & discussion/ 3 years running woot!)

6am morning meditation :woman_in_lotus_position:
Focus breathing for min 15. Caught myself “thinking” about 6x on diff things lol my last thought was thinking about my thinking during meditation… like really?!
:laughing: Decided to do another meditation from insight timer on happiness. Not bad :slight_smile: feeling pretty good

4 Likes

Hahaha I do this too and it will make me chuckle once I realize it. It’s always funny when it happens during our mindfulness sessions at the beginning of DBT group because afterwards we all review our experiences. Of course on days like this I am often full of self judgement. In a comical way though these days :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Hi everyone, hope all is well :slightly_smiling_face:

Iv always had difficulty quieting my mind to meditate, so have been listening to audio books to try to teach myself to just stop, not think etc…

Lately iv been having more frequent episodes of not feeling like i am real, disassociated from reailty, detached from the world its hard to explain the feeling but i looked up my symptoms and it made sense that its the bodys way of protecting itself from severe emotional trauma which totally im sure is why it keeps happening more often due to my ongoing upsetting situation.
But meditation the past week has got me out of it and grounded me, even short 30 mins guided meditation brings me back, but also feeling balanced mentally. Usually the feeling would go on for days then making other unwanted symptoms pop up.
I am so surprised at how it worked like this for me. Usually during these times of not feeling im real i wouldnt imagine meditation but it was so bad i had tried everything.
Just thought id share this incase it helps any one, as it helps me to share and tell someone.
Thank you for reading :hugs:

5 Likes

Hi @Twizzlers - Appreciate your post. I hope your ongoing situation clears itself. Thinking of you…

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

Been doing this the last 3 nights in a row. Great way for me to get to sleep.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks @Dazercat for the recommendation. Did the meditation last night and going to do it tonight again.

3 Likes

Glad you liked it. I don’t usually like meditations that aren’t guided. I’m glad I actually found this one by accident. :grimacing: I was too lazy to shut it off and I really got into it. Now it’s a go too.

3 Likes

I have found the past week meditating so beneficial for many reasons everday it helps me mentally.
I just thought id share i like to lay down on my belly to meditate so i brought a pillow with a hole in so i can keep my face down and still do my breathing whilst trying to relax every muscle. :laughing:
Im still on the guided meditations otherwise my mind wanders off so quick.
Im really enjoying it and it is helping me more than ever before.

3 Likes

two mins laying silent, first time i have attempted to medi in a while, like anything I stray from I am out of practice so two mins will have to be a good enough restart, may have to start guided medis again until medis become a more regular focal point of my routine. Namastae

1 Like

Really needing to get back to my meditations. I feel like I haven’t done 1 in forever :frowning: tmrw will sit down and do one first thing I think

3 Likes

I haven’t been doing mine either!!! I’m going to make that more of goal now. Hope you are doing ok​:heart::heart:

1 Like

Very interesting.

And this helps you relax muscles in your body as well. I also find the guided medis to be most beneficial or at least easier.

2 Likes

I did this guided medi last night and it really helped…

5 Likes

Had an AWFUL using dream last night so I woke up early to meditate. Struggled a bit with caring my mind. Sis some visualization would focus breathing (cool blue color in and warm red color out). Trying to ground myself with yhe 5 senses technique. That dream really disturbed me. Ugh

1 Like

Not been doing much in the way of formal meditation but have been trying to do some mindful walking. Thought this is a lovely way of describing it though.

3 Likes

4 Likes