Meme wars 1...2...3.... Go

8 Likes

5 Likes

11 Likes

It isn’t??

That dog is having the best day!

5 Likes

10 Likes

What about going to the movies alone makes someone a “loser”? What sort of judgement is that?

2 Likes

11 Likes

6 Likes

Had to dig out the old Mitch Hedberg joke…

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut… I don’t need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don’t need to bring ink and paper into this. I can’t imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, ‘Don’t even act like I didn’t get that doughnut, I’ve got the documentation right here… It’s in my file at home. …Under “D”.’

14 Likes

Ahahaha ahhh Mitch Hedberg :joy:

2 Likes

I enjoy going to the movies alone. #winning #PopcornIsMine

2 Likes

Me too. Took me a bit to work up the nerve to go, but I always try to go to the early showings. Cheaper and fewer people.

I have been going since my mid 20s, when someone told me I shouldn’t. “Don’t tell me what to do.” It’s still an issue. :smirk:

I was more or less clowning on myself, wasnt meant to imply that everyone who goes to the movies solo is a loser. When i was married i used to love to get away for a few hours and do stuff like that by myself, but now as a divorced, single alcoholic/drug addict with no kids, having recently moved again so all of my friends outside of AA are 2 hours away in one direction and 4 hours in the other i spend a lot of time alone. Anything that is typically viewed as a group or date activity just ramps up the social awkwardness, i feel like a loser going to baseball games and going out to eat alone too.

5 Likes

Awwww… Come here you old lug.

13 Likes

Dude I fuckin hate eating solo. Whenever I have to go to training for work I always just order room service.

3 Likes

Pfff, eating solo is the best. I like to bring a full length mirror, set it in the chair across from me and have a date with myself.

We have a great time, and usually the place clears out so it’s nice and quiet.

9 Likes

Lmao, thanks dude i appreciate that…jesus i really do sound like a loser :rofl: dont get me wrong i really like being a loner, especially this past year getting sober. Its given me time to reflect on a lot of past fuck ups and work on that kinda stuff and i feel better about myself than i have in a long time, its just stuff like that is awkward to me.
@Jante76 exactly…i work by myself 90% of the time too so im usually in the truck by myself running up and down I-95 or I-70 in hotel rooms eating room service and take out 2-3 nights a week. It used to not bother me, id find somewhere, make a beeline for the bar, and proceed to get hammered and meet people but the idea of sitting down in a restaurant at a table by myself just screws me up lol

2 Likes

Sorry for the topless guys… let’s forgive Michelangelo?

4 Likes