Meme wars 1...2...3.... Go

Even more special if she can do it without burning the milk.

2 Likes

I’m guilty of having typed in a tracking # from Amazon within mins of making a purchase :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t own a microwave either, I do sometimes miss it though.

Microwaves not only boil the water faster, they use less energy than an electric stove.

1 Like

You sound like my customers.

1 Like

I have also made tea thru a coffee maker before too…

3 Likes

I used to use the microwave exclusively, but now, I use a kettle because you can make multiple cups of tea, plus theres that anticipation of a hot cup of tea, and the steam whistle is oh so satisfying.

2 Likes

I made ramen in a coffee maker. Not “cup o noodles”. The brick noodles.

It’s an art, not a science.

3 Likes

I use a coffee pot to make coffee. That counts for something, right?

They say the newcomer is the most important person at the meeting, but I believe it is the coffee maker lol.

4 Likes

Better not be that damn coffee they serve in jail made with the root of the plant…:sweat_smile: def need coffee in our lives necessity to many. Brown sugar is a good solution when u run out of sugar. :wink:

1 Like

An electric kettle was my first big sober-money purchase. It takes a little less time and a little less power to do a full kettle than it used to for one cup.

But it has cool blinky lights, so it’s way better than a microwave.

2 Likes

Put tin foil in the microwave and you will have all the blinky lights you could ever hope for.

7 Likes

Mine literally only gets used to make Popcorn…u aren’t missing out.

2 Likes

We have two microwaves, because we don’t have the patience to wait on one.

4 Likes

I know it lol or I woulda bought another by now. Its helped with my patience for sure. Refrying or popping something into the oven isn’t bad.

Another good thing about a microwave in AZ is it doesn’t put off a lot of heat. A hot oven on a 110 degree day can make life shitty

4 Likes
  1. Thin mints!!!
  2. I almost tagged you in that one heh, cuz of your “get off my lawn” sayings
  3. I wonder if anyone has ever put “get off my lawn” on a headstone lol
2 Likes

Sweet tea
(sorry couldnt resist)

1 Like

I have a tea kettle. I only use it in the winter. I have this belief, because of my mother, it’ll keep me from getting a headache from “running the heat” in the winter. I don’t make tea in it. I boil cinnamon sticks n such in there, so the house will smell good. Anyway, surely the small amount of steam from my tea kettle doesn’t put enough moisture in the air to prevent a headache.

2 Likes

Where I grew up, you wanted steam in the air, to keep your sinuses moist and your skin from cracking. Dry air gave you pneumonia, or the croop.

1 Like

Yea she thought it helped sinuses and skin. I do too, because that’s what she said. Do you think it really works tho?

Yes. Live in a climate where the air gets dry and cold, or even just dry, some moisture in the air makes a huge difference. That’s why I use a Neti pot twice a day.

2 Likes