Mental health memes and discussion (Part 2)

I go through this sooooo much!!! I never thought about it as grieving though, that really reframed it beautifully thank you @RosaCanDo wow :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

Damn I needed to hear that today thank you @Scorpn :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

I have this one saved in my phone and have to read it often.

1 Like

Thank you for this Rosa!!!

3 Likes

10 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

I really love this. It’s so important to see nuance in life and experiences, and to see that things can be a “both/and” situation as opposed to an “ “either/or.” Humans really like to put things in boxes with labels to create meaning, and sometimes things are more complex or complicated.

3 Likes

I love this…duality is human. :heart:

2 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

This is really good! Thank you!

6 Likes

An interesting perspective - and I think I tend to agree. Is it just that what is considered dysfunction is just not in line with the societal norms that we are expected to fit in with?

For me at least, while my depression is mainly under control at the moment (thanks in large part to medication), some of the lessons I learned through it have stayed with me. I do not see difficulty in maintaining a full time work schedule to be problematic - of course that is situational and not everyone has the ability, need or desire to make that choice - even though it is probably one of the criteria a medical professional might use to judge me as unwell or dysfunctional. I am happy to rest, to do what I need and no more. For the most part at least!

I am not sure that everything can be treated with therapy, but a more exploratory and curious approach to the why we feel how we do might help some people. The idea that treating symptoms alone just pushes the problems further down the road resonates with me. Although I also think sometimes it is helpful to push problems down the road, to a time we are more able to deal with them.

Anyway I found it interesting and figured some of you might too.

4 Likes

I have found this to be true for my life. There were times I utilized medication to get me thru until I was in a healthier space to tackle full on.

One time specifically I used medication short term to help ‘push me thru’ was when I was in the quit / relapse cycle of smoking cigarettes…Wellbutrin for a few months helped tip the scale for me into becoming a non smoker.

4 Likes

15 Likes

10 Likes

That was an awesome and interesting article thank you for sharing!

1 Like