Mental health memes and discussion (Part 2)

17 Likes

10 Likes

I have always loved that.

2 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

Love that! Simplicity rules!

1 Like

9 Likes

I needed that today. Thanks :pray:

3 Likes

10 Likes

Oh Sassy that is such a lot. Really coming in from all angles right now. You have held up so many of us with your kindness and wisdom. I know you don’t need advice but I am so glad you shared and hope in doing so you know we are here holding you up as best we can.

:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

:muscle:t2::purple_heart:

6 Likes

Reminded me of this :laughing:

5 Likes

My journey goes sort of along these lines. Not sure where I am right now.

14 Likes

What a pro!!! :smiley:

1 Like

This so reminds me of the hero’s journey. Have you read any Joseph Campbell or watched the old Power of Myth interviews with Bill Moyer’s? They are about the threads flowing through all cultures and mythologies of the story of our lives. Fascinating stuff. If you are interested, here is Bill Moyers introducing the first of the old series. There is of course religion discussed, but in a way that is IMHO more true to what it actually is. Anyway, as was the case with so many people, these interviews truly changed my life and continue to shape my journey and beliefs, and I wanted to share this with you in case it resonates.

3 Likes

It’s new to me I think. Thanks Sassy, will give it a go. :people_hugging:

2 Likes

I am going to rewatch as well. I am definitely finding these later life years a circling back to what 1st called to me…and I see the alcohol and drugs decades in between as ‘being lost in the wilderness’. A journey. :people_hugging:

3 Likes

I seriously needed to see this. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have been thinking of you @Claire_quit2 …hope today finds you well. I just got my copy of Wintering, I think it will be just right for this moment in time, thank you again. :sun_with_face:

As I have moved thru this journey…not just the long arch of sobriety, but also the aging process, I think I finally got that these are not diametrically opposed…that we can have a lot of our life together and have our own battles to fight. There is a letting go and accepting in there as well. So again, I truly appreciate you stating this…it really helped me find some clarity at this moment of uncertainty and struggle. :heart:

4 Likes

13 Likes