Mental health memes and discussion (Part 3)

This happened to me yesterday and waking up to this today was really helpful. Thank you. :pray:

4 Likes

IMG_9242

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes

14 Likes

Oh boy, I needed to see that. Flipped something in my brain. :pray:

2 Likes

I really love this one. I was having a rough go in my brain again recently and I kept bringing myself back to how grateful I was that I never considered drinking at it. I did eat some cookies and comforting noodles at it, but I am okay with that. :people_hugging:

11 Likes

Powerful reminder :pray::sunflower: Thank you.

3 Likes

!!! So good! When life comes at me sometimes I say to myself “just think if this happened and you were drinking.” It really levels eveything out and puts it all into a better perspective. I think the greatest gift of being sober for me is being able to face my problems without the insanity of alcohol and come up with solutions not escape plan’s.

9 Likes

Omg, yes, yes!! I am always so very relieved to not have to deal with life with a hangover or drunk…anymore.

6 Likes

For real!!!

1 Like

12 Likes

Love this!!

2 Likes

I feel guilty sometimes when things are going good.

5 Likes

14 Likes

12 Likes

9 Likes

14 Likes

idk, it was more to express a feeling than to be a message or anything. It’s just something that came up in my mind. Honesty about what we feel is no less important than positivity.

In mental health, we talk about being our own heroes, recognizing our worth, learning to love oneself. I think it’s important to continue to be honest about what that looks like.

It feels empowering to be able to throw off the shackles of depending on others for things we don’t need to, and of trying to please others all the time. But at the same time, it’s not the whole story.

We are still social creatures, and it is okay to want more. Actually, coming to acknowledge how amazing you actually are can make it feel all the more important to not hide it from the world.

9 Likes