Mental health memes and discussion (Part 3)

13 Likes

11 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

Posting like this for credit to ‘author’

Hoping these are at other well known suicide locations.

To you: You are not alone. There is help for you.
Love, Alisa.

10 Likes

There is a bridge revitalization project over a gorge down the road a bit. The very first week of construction one of the workers took his own life. They since added safety nets. Every time I drive past the construction I think of him, his family and his co workers. Thank you for posting this.

4 Likes

@Alisa I saw a documentary about safety nets being put in at the Golden Gate Bridge after the numbers of suicides skyrocketed. It’s important.

4 Likes

Thanks both of you @SassyRocks and @RosaCanDo for the info about the safety nets.
We do make progress in our world. :purple_heart:

9 Likes

15 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

7 Likes

I read it. Welcome here. Congratulations on your sober time. As you read through the others posts you will find depression is also a common thread. Do you have a resource for mental health care?

1 Like

I love this post.

10 Likes

13 Likes

There is a saying “you like to hear yourself talk”. That I find maybe me but here I find I like to read what I post. I follow every like and reread my posts. I have even read a post and agreed only to find it was me who said it. Funny the give away is I can’t LIKE it. Many days I read as much as I can then when I am away I review what I read during the day. Such a valuable resource to stay mindful.

7 Likes

IMG_1798

15 Likes

13 Likes

So so so true.

4 Likes

I love this, but have to add a strong disclaimer (for myself) that compassion and empathy does not mean tolerating unacceptable treatment. With mental health and general life challenges that line can be hard to find, I have definitely found it hard anyway. I guess we carry on working on ourselves until we work out how to properly support others :thinking:

6 Likes