Mental struggle

I started sobriety today. It doesn’t seem like much now but I’m hoping I can stick to this! I’ve been crying on and off today. Having a mental struggle with myself beating myself up. I feel like I need some help. I know I need help. I don’t want to die from alcohol. My family deserves better

30 Likes

Welcome to a start that keeps on giving. It won’t be easy. But it will be worth it! Keep your head up! Find what ever Spirit is within and let it drive and guide you in positive thoughts. Put aside negativity and others will see it. You are in control enjoy!

7 Likes

I’m only a few days in myself . All the best on your journey, this place seems like to have loads of support…

5 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement. It’s going to be a fight

4 Likes

Yeah I’m think so as well. I’m going to need all the support I can get. I don’t want alcohol to destroy me anymore. I want out n I want to get and feel better

5 Likes

We ALL started at Day 1. Keep at it, it gets loads better. :heart:

9 Likes

We all felt that way at the beginning, just know that we can all tell you it gets better, and you can do it. Welcome

4 Likes

Trust the process. It’s been done by many people before and you can do it too!

4 Likes

Warm welcome, your no longer alone, lots of threads that can help you so much. You deserve being free for the bottom of that bottle. Hope you stick around so many ppl at all stages of recovery.

5 Likes

Welcome! You can do this. I never ever thought I could break free from the clutches of alcohol. But I did! It is possible! With hard work and one day at a time it can be done. Be gentle with yourself. Come here as often as you can, check in daily. Welcome to the family :pray:t2::two_hearts:

6 Likes

Glad you decided to do this for yourself. It’s going to be an emotional rollercoaster. Do not beat yourself up and just understand you body and mind are healing. You will start seeing things happen and change. Embrace this and don’t be worried to much and take it as it comes. Stay busy and just remember it will get better as time rolls on. Be patient with yourself.

3 Likes

Your humility and realism are beautiful. I hope you hold those virtues close to your heart throughout your recovery journey- they will be great allies.

2 Likes

Check out Lionrock it has really helped me on my road to sobriety. It is an amazing recovery group and the people there are really supportive.

I start at day one now am at 120 days this weekend

1 Like

And every week I see mental health Dr too I got few mental iusses need work on

There are some good online counseling apps like Sibly. I think there’s a free trial. Might help to talk to someone . Hang in there!

Yes, and so do you. I learned from being in counseling a long time ago that you can’t be an effective carer if you don’t take care of yourself too. Getting sober & taking care of you will open up so many opportunities. I’m almost one month sober, I’ve more energy, my mind is clearer, I’m calmer, I’m exercising, have taken up new hobbies & I’m happier in myself. I love waking up sober.

Investing time in myself has helped me & I know it’s only a short period but I feel like my relationship are improving, I’m finding it easier to spend time with the ones I love & I’m able to listen more & be more active in conversations because I’m not drunk, hungover or thinking so much about drink. Yes it’s early days but I can do it, you can do it. It’s totally worth it. You & your family are worth it too.

2 Likes

You deserve better. Welcome to the forum

1 Like

You deserve better you can make it through the struggle, ask for help people are willing to give insight and suggestions to help you maintain your sobriety. Read and post here often when things get rough, your not alone were all here dealing with similar troubles some bad some worse we are all in the same boat🤲

The fact that you’re here and willing to try means a lot! It means that you love and care about yourself enough to make some changes and to start making decisions that are in your own best interests :blush: its hard at first, but it does get easier. Give yourself time, take things just one day at a time and be nice to yourself, for you are embarking on an incredible journey that will have many ups and downs, but they’re all worth it! Just remember, say NO to the drink that matters - the FIRST drink! Then there won’t be a second, third or fourth. And if you start thinking that having a drink will be a good idea or “fun” - play the tape ALL the way through! Remember why you’ve decided to be sober. Don’t glamorize it, because it will only bring regret and disappointment. Be honest with yourself and be determined. You have the courage and confidence within to succeed but you have to believe it first! You deserve to be feel good and to be happy. You deserve a wonderful life filled with love and happiness. Being sober can help you realise this.
All the best x

1 Like