Mental struggle

You deserve better, you deserve the best version of yourself and the addict inside of you is feeding off your soul. Let go of the past and come to the present, walk with all of us in sobriety it is a great journey full of challenges but its well worth it, I’m glad you’ve begun to accept you need a change, the time is here to change. Stick around do some reading, join your local AA/NA meeting, get involved :pray:

5 Likes

You can do this…well done for starting.

Take day by day and things will get easier.

Ive been struggling since june 1st did 11 days then on and off it usually started with a weekend binge ,ive finally got going with a detox comes to my home every morning to do stats and give me meds to help through the first week ,and im going to start going to meetings when im feeling better probably next week ,ive been drinking spirits for about the last 5 years and i want to change just feel i dont want to go on like this anymore its just breaking the habit thats going to be hard ,hopefully this time i will do it ,no more lying to myself telling myself only a friday a wee treat that just starts me on a bender ,no alcohol for me just trying to keep busy and positive

1 Like

I am now on day 5! Feeling a little better and still feel guilty for how much I drank. It’s a day by day mind battle right now. I need to figure out how to forgive myself. But I’m going to hang in there. I can’t wait to hit the 10 day mark.

2 Likes

Welcome! This is a good forum to talk and get advise. Seek out all resources available to you and find what works for you

Im sorry that ur struggling… I’m mentally struggling myself , I stopped using July 14 and I have the worst restless leg syndrome, cravings and insomnia . Please tell me it gets better !! I’m trying to stick with it :confused: hope ur day gets better too.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, it gets better.
I take magnesium supplements and they have helped with the insomnia and restless leg syndrome.

It is magnesium biglycinate. If you decide to try it, I started off with about 200 mg for the first few nights then tapered up to 600 mg at bedtime. It can cause loose stool if you take too much at the begining.

Stick around, read as much as you can here.

It took some time but eventually the cravings passed and then somehow the obsession to use was lifted. I never thought it was possible after 33 years in active addiction but it is. Just don’t look back.
:heart::pray::heart:

4 Likes

Hey @Jonieg and @Erijade welcome to the forum! As you can see this is a wonderful and supportive community of people who just get it :hugs:

Posting this link which is full of useful info and links to other threads, you might have found some of them already:

1 Like

Thanks for welcoming me, I’m happy to be here with so many positive people !

Thanks soooooo much for the tips !! I wanted to reply to everyone sooner but bc I was new it said I had to wait 20 hrs to reply again. I’m gona try that stuff u recommended … and thanks for telling me it gets better… I’m in a bad way right now. I flushed the rest of my subs so all I’m leaning on is some gabapentin for the RLS. I was up all last night just kicking the bed sheets in cold sweat … I hope tonight is better .

2 Likes

Just hang on tight.
:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

2 Likes