Merry Christmas 2020 (post your greetings here!) 🎁

Happy Holidays everyone! They may not be so happy for some right now. That is okay. I remember the first New Year’s Day without my dad (01/01 was his birthday). So, my greeting isn’t an invalidation or a mindless quote, it is an invitation to hold on to hope: happy days will come again, if you do not feel them today.
Like the Miracle of the lights, a little hope can light many dark nights. Like the Child born in a manger, God does not forget the poor…Yule reminds us that life is coming back into the world, let not the cold discourage us.

For those that are struggling today: I love you, I see you, and I accept you. Hold on to hope, love, and faith… do not wish away a moment because it is painful. Hold your head up and greet it like the warrior you are.

11 Likes

Happy Holidays to my TS family!

Not a day goes by when I am not aware that there wouldn’t be anymore Christmases (or any other day) for me if not for your love, friendship, and support. Today, I got to spend the morning listening to shrieks of glee as my little boys opened their packages and saw what Santa brought. I got to do it with a clear head and a full heart - and thanks to all of you and my HP - they still do not remember their Mama as a drunk. Thank you…

So much love to you all…

12 Likes

I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, I know for some of us it may not be easy. We have to stay strong and keep on the path of sobriety. Today felt wonderful being able to see my kids enjoy this wonderful day, and to wake up sober to enjoy it made it that much better.

10 Likes

Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:
I know it’s Christmas but I been feeling down but all I can do is get myself back up and not let anyone put me down, this time of the year it’s not me I really need to stop my addiction.
I had a good cry yesterday but feeling a lot better this am.

9 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope it’s a beautiful day!

9 Likes

Merry Christmas to my awesome TS family. The support I get from this forum is absolutely amazing. I hope you all have a great day.

gNke2UrUTopOg

10 Likes

My Christmas wish!:smile:
Maybe next year…
Have a good day all!

12 Likes

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
So blessed to have found this app and all of you amazing people. We have come such a long way and I am so proud of each and everyone of you for being as strong as you are. Day 197 :pray::sparkling_heart: Never give up.

9 Likes

Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays Everyone. I hope you are all doing well. It’s great bringing in the holidays with my family sober! And with a clear mind and no regrets.

10 Likes

Well done and yeah isn’t it wonderful. :blush::+1:

6 Likes

9 Likes

Merry Christmas April. Nice to have you back.
@apes2020

3 Likes

Merry Christmas friends. I hope everyone is succeeding through a Sober Christmas day. If not, let us know. We are here to support.

8 Likes

Merry Christmas friends. I hope everyone is succeeding through a Sober Christmas day. If not, let us know. We are here to support.

10 Likes

Winding down a quiet day. How was yours?

4 Likes

Merry Christmas All!! I hope everyone enjoys the beautiful and simple things in life! Be grateful for your recovery journey and a second chance at a better life!

8 Likes

Ya know, it ended up being quite a nice day. Really low key and chilled. I underestimated how much the different set up this year would change the family dynamics. Some of the pre-existing tension and anxiety is definitely still there but was mainly put down for the day.

A friend called me to check if I was ok which was unexpected and nice. I am going to pay that forward tomorrow.

We had some tasty food, played a board game, video called some family and then watched Die Hard while eating leftovers. First time I’ve ever watched it all the way through.

Appreciate the well wishes! Hope you have/ have had a peaceful and happy day :pray::sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Bruno wishes you all a wonderful Christmas.

10 Likes

Though Christmas is now over and I’m doing chores on boxing Day here in Australia, i wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas and hope everyone enjoyed what was a most unique celebration this year.
:christmas_tree::santa::christmas_tree:

7 Likes

@Ravikamor
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Rebecca
:pray:t2::heart::christmas_tree:

4 Likes