Milele’s road to recovery in SLAA

D 18.

Ending this year on a good note. Had some hot chocolate and homemade marshmallows made by my girl @Olivia. Soooo good!!

Overall it’s been a good year. Started volunteer working for another organisation, had my good moments as well as challenges.

Shoutout to @Ravikamor for sending me gorgeous flowers and truffles for Christmas, and she did it all online in FINNISH!!! Becky you’re a star!!!

Also thinking of @anon27760155. She (amongst others) have been there for me so many times! Hoping for a full recovery for her.

Little less than 2 hours left of this year here. May 2022 be even more exciting! :tada::two_hearts:

11 Likes

Than you Milele that hot chocolate looks so good!! :yum:
@anon27760155 has our prayers tonight. I miss her so much. :pensive:

5 Likes

Happy New Year Miele. Thank you for all you did in 2021. May the year ahead be full of blessings for you. :white_heart::dove:

3 Likes

Happy New Year @Milele ! I see I have to go to California or Finland to get homemade marshmallows! Have a wonderful year!
Thoughts and prayers for @anon27760155

2 Likes

Happy New Year! I have to say one of the best things I’ve done is join TS and getting to meet all of you beautiful people, especially you! You’re friendship means the world to me! Big Hugs from Michigan!!

3 Likes

@Ravikamor it was delicious!

@Laraellelarissa I’m delighted to get to know you! I hope 2022 for you will be awesome. :two_hearts:

@Alisa which one is closer? :laughing: You better hurry up, the marshmallows are disappearing!

@Complicatedmama awww Patty, thank you for your kind words. It has been my privilege to get to know you! :heart:

4 Likes

D37

Haven’t updated here in while. Things are going well.

So, they’re gonna make few minute videos of our mental health recovery story of us mental health peer support volunteers. Mine will be filmed on this coming Friday! Preparing myself for that.

Also, I have some news in the sponsor front. So since I’ve had all these relapses last year, I figured that it might be better to start with step one, if the potential sponsor would come along. This is my choice on the matter, and I thought it would be better to start over. Well, I spoke with someone today briefly and we’re gonna call tomorrow.

I really hope things work out with her. :pray:t3: I haven’t really been active in slaa since last summer, and have been kinda passive about searching for a sponsor. But I have been keeping my eyes out for a potential one.

Much love people!! :yellow_heart::orange_heart::heart:

7 Likes

D38

So I just came off a call with my potential sponsor, or should I say, MY SPONSOR!! We start working on the slaa how program on Monday! Yay!

8 Likes

I’m So happy for you Milele. That is wonderful news. :slightly_smiling_face::cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :yellow_heart::hugs: I’m quite excited!

1 Like

@Milele great work! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your journey

Back on day 10.

I haven’t been in a good headspace, but it’s starting to get better.

That one week that I tried it with my sponsor, I relapsed quite a few times. I was struggling a lot. The pressure of working the program was overwhelming at that point. So she said to me that she cannot sponsor me unless I commit fully to the program, which didn’t only meant calling her everyday and doing the slaa how questions, but also doing meetings three times a week and three outreach calls everyday.

Now, I suppose the build up of the pressure had me relapsing, but I can say that for the most part I am the only one to blame for that. No one else. I take responsibility of that. But I decided after some thinking and after I talked with my sponsor about it, that it is perhaps better that I don’t continue with the program. I didn’t want to put this kind of pressure on her, and I also think that I wasn’t ready for it. She understood and we parted in good spirits, of which I’m glad.

I just feel that I also have to protect my mental health. While the slaa how program is good, it wasn’t good for my mental state. When I tried it last year in the spring, and finished step 3, I had to admit to myself that I wasn’t at a good place mental health wise at that point. But there are a lot of reasons behind it, not just the pressure of doing and performing right in the program. It’s hard work and hard work is good, but there became a point when I had to evaluate what’s good for me and my mental health care. I’m personally a firm believer, that “fake it till you make it” is not a good thing. And I have to honest with myself, there were times when I was faking it. But I cannot do that to myself.

So maybe stepping out of slaa for the foreseeable future, is something I had to do. I’m not blaming the program or anything, the mistakes are all on me.

So where am I now? Doing better, one day at a time. The fog’s cleared out, and I feel I’m a place where I can process my recovery. I had a good weekend, a friend and her dog came over for a visit, and it was nice. I haven’t seen this friend in a while so it was great to catch up.

Also, some interesting news: I’m gonna start working on Monday! Like an actual paid job. It’s only part time, but it seems to me at this point that it’s manageable. I’ve been looking for a job since last August or September, and applied to few places but I wasn’t taken in. I’m gonna try out this month and we’ll see how I do, and maybe I can continue in March, we’ll see.

Here’s to all fighting the good fight of sobriety!! :heart::tada::yellow_heart: We got this!

9 Likes

Good for you for taking care of you. You’ve absolutely got this. Congratulations on your job. What an exciting new chapter. :tada::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey Amiga, I’m glad that you are doing better, you have to do what’s best for your mental health. That’s a big step the one that you take, you got this!

Congratulations :confetti_ball: on the job!!!

A big hug!

3 Likes

@Milele How are you? Your fight is an inspiration. Not matter what happened. It’s the fight what really shape the person. No success but determination

2 Likes

D26

Sobriety is going well. Unfortunately the job thing didn’t work out. There were number of reasons for it, but I’m not disappointed at all. I guess I’m more relieved that it didn’t happen.

TW: war in Ukraine:
I’m in distress over the war issue in Ukraine, as we all are, just because we have our own history with Russia and yesterday on the news some expert painted a rather dark picture over the situation. Some of it seemed a bit exaggerated though. But my heart goes out to those affected by the war.

And shout out to @Bomdhil ! Thanks for checking on me and cheering me on! You’re a champion! :muscle:t3:

Keep fighting the good fight of sobriety! :orange_heart::sunglasses:

8 Likes

You my friend are a rockstar!!!

3 Likes

Thank you Andy!! :heart::pray:t3: New album coming out soon :rofl:

1 Like

I’m waiting for our single hahaha this year we have to do it!!!

1 Like

First of all, HALLO THERE!! :wave:t3: It’s been a hot minute!!

And thank you! Thank you for thinking of us. :heart::hugs:

2 Likes