Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

from an article: The two Antarctic ice sheets cover all but 2.4 percent of its 14 million square kilometers. At its thickest point the ice sheet is 4,776 meters deep. It averages 2,160 meters thick, making Antarctica the highest continent. This ice is 90 percent of all the world’s ice and 70 percent of all the world’s fresh water.

1 Like

Aug. 16th mind blowing random thought of the day: A “twit” is the technical term for a pregnant goldfish.

3 Likes

Well there’s something to add to my knowledge about a goldfish now :joy:

2 Likes

Goldfish have a memory span of about 3 seconds. See? Your knowledge of goldfish is becoming expansive!

1 Like

A related add on to this mind blowing random thought - in Chinese Medicine, when a woman is pregnant, technically it’s considered a “phlegm ball”!

Aug. 17th mind blowing random thought of the day: Before battle, opposing Ancient Chinese warriors would engage in a juggling contest in order to show off their skills to their enemies.

4 Likes

Large flocks of traveling SWAINSON’S HAWK are called “kettles”.

Saw a hawk on my walk today. Maybe one of these not sure. He was too far away.

2 Likes

That’s actually some sort of falcon, rather than a hawk. Sorry to be pedantic! :male_detective::roll_eyes:. Another collective term for hawks is a boil. Falcons are a bazaar or cast. A group of magpies is a parliament, a murder of crows, an ostentation of peacocks, a conspiracy of ravens, a confusion of warblers and a flamboyance of flamingos.

2 Likes

A Parliament of magpies :thinking:. That would have been handy to know when I lived in Durango. There were magpies all over the place. And noisy sons a guns too.

2 Likes

Aug. 18th mind blowing random thought of the day: It is illegal in North Carolina to sing off-key.

4 Likes

In Texas, A Minor May Possess and Consume Alcohol When in the Visible Presence of Their Legal age Spouse.

1 Like

IIRC, a group of owls is also a parliament.

1 Like

Aug. 19th mind blowing random thought of the day: Star Wars creator George Lucas based Princess Leia’s iconic hairdo on female Mexican Revolution fighter Clara de la Rocha.

3 Likes

@DungeonMaster note to self, do NOT go to North Carolina.

1 Like

I would be OK there. I sing perfectly when drunk. Everyone else just disagrees. What do they know anyway.

3 Likes

Aug. 20th mind blowing random thought of the ‘Schnapsidee’ is the German word for a ridiculous idea that only sounds good when one is drunk.

2 Likes

I saw that on cracked.com
It was in an article about foreign words we really need in America. That one was my favorite, for obvious reasons! :yum::rofl:

2 Likes

Aug. 21st mind blowing random thought of the day: The word “rooster” was coined in 1772 by puritans as an alternative to the word “cock” after it became associated with penis.

4 Likes

Well I didn’t know that! :rooster::grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.

Thread continues at Mind Blowing Random Thoughts #2