Mind Blowing Random Thoughts #2

Wow. Never thought I’d reach the cap on that last thread, but here we are. I guess i need a bonus thought for today.

August 21st bonus Mind Blowing Random Thought: The Manchineel Tree is commonly known to be the most lethal tree in the world. The white sap from the tree if even touched can create inflamed skin with blistering. The bark if burned can release toxic gas and poisonous ash, which can cause blindness.

31 Likes

I like trees

5 Likes

Not that one though. It’ll kill you.

5 Likes

Where does this insidious beast take up its residence?

3 Likes

Eastern US, I think…

Aug. 22nd mind blowing random thought of the day: Ginger hair maintains its pigment longer than any other shade.

11 Likes

Aug. 23rd mind blowing random thought of the day: The alcohol tequila is made from the agave plant, which is pollinated by bats.

7 Likes

Aug. 24th mind blowing random thought of the day: Cats sleep for approx. 70 percent of their lives.

14 Likes

Aug. 25th mind blowing random thought of the day: M&M’s candies were originally sold exclusively to the military in 1941, as their resistance to heat made them easy to transport and include in rations.

17 Likes

Aug. 26th mind blowing random thought of the day: Believed to have suffered from Tourtte’s Syndrome, composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart often obsessed over fecal matter, and as such, wrote many letters to family and friends as well as many songs about the subject.

9 Likes

Aug. 27th mind blowing random thought of the day: The USB image is based on the Ancient Greek god Poseidon’s trident as a symbol of diverse utility.

8 Likes

Aug. 28th mind blowing random thought of the day: President Zachary Taylor was the last U.S. president to personally own slaves during his time in office from 1849 to 1850.

2 Likes

Aug. 29th mind blowing random thought of the day: From 1969 to 2000, the false name of Alan Smithee was used by film directors who wanted to distance themselves from a film that they knew would most likely be badly received by viewers and critics.

5 Likes

Just outside the town of Gryfino in western Poland sits a forest that looks like it came straight out of a fairytale.

24 Likes

That is cool! I’d love to learn more about those trees’ habits!

Aug. 30th mind blowing random thought of the day: Ford assembly line worker Robert Williams became the first person in human history to be killed by a robot when in 1979 he was struck by a robotic arm.

7 Likes

Aug. 31st mind blowing random thought of the day: After her eggs hatch, the female lace weaver spider will drum on her web in order to call on her babies to eat her alive as their first source of food.

9 Likes

Bah. I hate spiders. Sick bastards.

7 Likes

Sept. 2nd mind blowing random thought of the day: In the state of New York, cheating on one’s spouse is illegal and punishable by up to 6 months in jail.

10 Likes

Sept. 3rd mind blowing random thought of the day: Self-driving cars play the video game Grand Theft Auto in order to learn how to drive better.

6 Likes

Just quickly clarifying that they play Grand Theft Auto V and not for example San Andreas or Vice city

2 Likes

If those cars played against me … They would be confused not know we witch directions to go would probly fry all their circuits haha

2 Likes