Mind is racing

I am sitting here in my office with my mind racing thinking about a million things. Today has been one of the hardest for me so far as it pertains to concentrating and not letting my thoughts be flooded with images and thoughts of drinking. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Like

Think of what sobriety has given you so far, and how you want to continue that! Make your pro’s and con’s list, I find that the con’s always outweigh anything good. The good part’s are just a temporary fix, not a long term solution.
Ultimately, when I’m having a rough day, I think of how I’ll have to reset my clock, tell my loved one’s, and deal with the hangover in a physical and mental way which ends up being a huge blow to my self esteem. Keep going and don’t give up!

2 Likes

I always try to think about my worst time drinking… and God knows there have been some bad ones, then i think about how one of those times would effect my life as it is now.
Usually it makes me cringe and gets my mind off wanting to drink or even thinking about drinking.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will do both of those things! The support on here is great and much needed.

1 Like

You can do it. I recently relapsed and I am having the hardest time with withdrawals right now. It’s miserable but I’m almost up to day 5. Don’t hit the reset button. My favorite quote for times like this were “We thought we had hit rock bottom, and then someone knocked from below.”

3 Likes