Mis-heard song lyrics thread

Any song lyrics you found out you heard wrong/were singing along incorrectly only to find out what they really were?
I’ve got a few but can’t remember them all. I’ll start with one:
As kids, my brother & I thought Sadé’s song “Smooth Operator” that she was singing “ooh boppa-red-eye”

5 Likes

Tonydanza

3 Likes

Smashing Pumpkins song:
I thought it was “Despite OF my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage” but it’s “despite ALL my rage”

I thought that was " despite of my age" till now! :joy:

5 Likes

Does Eminem really rap about his moms spaghetti?

4 Likes

Wahoooooo! Werewolves of thunder…

4 Likes

This one still cracks me up it’s so absurd.

Hey baby hey baby hey
Goose egg! Goose egg!
Hey baby hey baby hey…

I didn’t learn the proper lyrics until 2016.

3 Likes

I remember these ones from when I was little

Bohemian Rhapsody -Queen
“Is this the real life? Is this just Battersea?”

K.D. Lang - Constant Craving
“Cant stand gravy”

5 Likes

“Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a deuce you know the rumor in the night”

4 Likes

That Ariana Grande song thank u, next… Sounds like bacon, eggs. My daughter pointed it out and ever since then when I hear it on the radio I can only hear bacon, eggs :joy:

1 Like

Miley Cyrus had a song a few years back about wrecking balls. I asked my son while driving (drunk, probably) if Miley was a lesbian now. He was, like, wtf… Why? I said it sounded like a kind of gay pride song since she is “coming in like a rainbow”…

As a child I liked my dad’s music. He liked Evil Woman and I must have heard it 3 times a week my whole life. Advancing to when he was teaching me to drive. I’m doing good so he is allowing me to alternate shifts driving from Indianapolis to Virginia Beach. I’m driving and he is playing DJ. I asked why he is confused about being a woman. My dad has never let me live it down that Evil Woman sounded like “he is a woman” to me.

Finally, TOOL. 4° the correct lyrics are “It brings us closer than, dying and cancer and crying” but I pretty much always hear “It brings us closer than dying, than 2 children crying”. I like it better like that. The imagery is kind of perfect. That song is so fucked up, but I love it. Who am I kidding, I loved all of Undertow.

Garth Brooks when I was young always the it was, I’m shavin instead of I’m shameless…lol. I remember my dad ask me why would he be singing about shaving.

1 Like

Hey I just meet you.
This is crazy.
I’m on bathsalts.
Your face looks tasty.
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

My Daughter is 17 and when I was in rehab she sent a recording on my awnsering machine to my rehab room phone. I had to see my therapist and talk about why it was inappropriate and in bad taste. I thought it was great!!!:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Not mine but thought they were funny mondegreens

• I’ve got two chickens with parrot eyes

• And there’s a wino down the road… I should have stolen oreos

• Rocket man, burning all the trees off every lawn

• Saving his life from this warm sausage tea

• Ohhhh, dyslexics on fire

1 Like

Sloowwww talking Walter, fire engine guy!

Charlie Puth’s song called Attention. The first like says “dirt all on my name” but after SiriusXM made a joke about it saying “turtle on my knee” that’s all I hear now haha!

Haha. This thread just reminded me watch this again. Cracks me up everytime.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
8 Likes

A song from the 60s, “Secret Agent Man”, that as a kid (yes, I am old) I thought he was singing Secret Asian Man.

2 Likes

I swear Freddie Mercury belted out, “I’m not adopted!” in another One Bites the Dust! Still can’t figure that one out, lol!!:rofl:

2 Likes

As a Dutch boy, Elvis singing “return the Zündapp” seemed a bit odd, but hey, Elvis was a bit odd in the 70’s. He must have lent it to a friend. And it was a cool moped.

2 Likes