Morning ritual

Good morning all. My name is Tony. I’m an alcoholic but a very proud one at that. I’m proud because I’m a recovering alcoholic and I’m no longer waking up drunk and hungover. I love it. I wear my sobriety with pride as if it were a badge of honour as I no longer carry the crutch of alcoholism.

The most important thing for me though is to start my day the right way. In the morning I pray and work out. I get ready for work and make my partner breakfast. It’s vital that I start my day like this. If I don’t everything is off. What is your routine and how do you start the day?

9 Likes

Good morning! I too start my day with prayer. Trying to quit smoking as it is my last vice, but I still have my decaf and cigarette on the front porch with my husband every morning, prayer, and my grateful list. Especially when life is throwing bad at me. Almost 4 years sober. I have a lot to be grateful for! Keep up the great work!

5 Likes

In time the smoking will cease. I stopped too and love that I no longer smoke. I’ll pray that you can kick that vice too. I won’t belittle it as I did love my morning smoke too and being out on the porch with your husband is a fond memory for you. 4 years sober is inspirational for me :blush::pray:.

Hey Tony, great to meet you. I love my morning ritual and I couldn’t live without it either. I wake up, walk my dogs and then get on here to check in with everyone and see what’s going on. Then I workout which is something I almost never did when I was actively drinking. That all sets me up for the rest of my day.

Here’s a thread we had going a little while ago with a lot more for you:

1 Like

I have quit meth alchohol sugar and caffeine…this is by far the hardest to stop. I have smoked for 32 years. But I’m getting there. The hardest time is with my coffee. Thank you! How long do you have sober? If you dont mind my asking?

Thank you for the reply. Always nice to know what others do. I do like the third step prayer.

1 Like

Wow what a journey you’ve had. You must be really proud!:innocent:. I’m 16 months sober. October 14 will be 500 days sober & I cannot wait to see it. I’ve quit drugs too. Coke and ecstasy were my vices there. So glad to be rid of them.

2 Likes

I quit smoking years ago, one of the hardest thing I had to do, I still crave for the odd ciggy now, probably out of habit, certain things triggers, such as after meals or with a coffee. First ciggy in the morning was the hardest, I used 24 hour nicotine patch, but lots of people vape nowadays.

2 Likes

I used to cape but not anymore. We really don’t know the true damage these devices could do to us. I honestly don’t miss it though. I was out recently with some of my best and oldest friends. Thankfully I didn’t smoke. Believe me the urge was there but I overcame it :ok_hand::ok_hand:

Thats the way to do it Tony boy wish you well

1 Like

I start my day with coffee and the 24 hour book. I also walk in the morning with my dog. I then do 20 minutes of yoga. Then before noon I contact my sponsor to check in.

That’s my thought on vapes too. I wont touch them

Good morning all! Now this is something that I need to get back into. I have been struggling abit with addiction and I notice that when I used to have a morning routine, my day was so much better and I was more recovery focused. I have been struggling with fatigue for diff reasons, and I usually can’t get motivated until I’m forced to be motivated lol. But previously I used to wake up, make coffee, and scroll through TS while having it. Then do a couple readings for the day and if I had my medicines, I would smudge. I used to work out often but bcuz of covid the gym in my building is closed. I have been attempting home workouts (but its not the same lol). Curious to read what others do for the morning.

My morning routine… Is a recovery of the day, write down that, thank my body for not giving up, coffee than walk the dog for 30 mins whilst blasting music into my ears… Music has been a big help for me it sets the day.

Good mrg to all.my routines are similer like you , 3coups of coffees and serenity prayer and prayer for peace to myself, start work with smile and thks to lord being wacthing me . And one day at time :wink::wink::wink: