Morning routines anyone?!

Oh cool! :blush:

1 Like

Coffee.
Read news. (Kinda wake up)
Exercise.

2 Likes

Wake up.
Pet cat who is purring on me because she loves me. Or wants breakfast. I’m going with :heart_eyes_cat:
Let’s dogs out.
Make coffee
Make green tea.
Morning Meds.
Feed cats
Let dogs in
Feed dogs.
Sit with coffee
Thank God
Read daily Portals of Prayer. Read another devotional from Our Daily Bread.Org. Then My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers.
Microwave Green Tea.
Read One chapter in the Bible. Short Daily Joy reading because my daughter gave it to me. The Courage to Change. Then get on Hazeldenbettyford.org Thought For The Day.
Then Gratitude list on TS. And check on other TS posts.
That is kind of the best part of the day.
Wash up after feeding pets and coffee
Walk the dogs.
The rest of the day is a mystery. :scream_cat:
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Love the honesty. I too start my days of with an unknown number of snoozes.

1 Like

How long does that take that’s an amazing start to the day

I can relate :sweat_smile:

I had to resort to using an alarm that forces me to scan a QR code in my bathroom. otherwise i’d be a no-show at work pretty much everyday.

3 Likes

Pray
Read
Coffee
Get dressed
Breakfast
Pack lunch
YouTube
Coffee
Coffee
Brush teeth
Dread the day

1 Like

Including the pets chores and the making of the tea only about 45 minutes. Most of the devotionals are a short reading. And I only do 1 chapter of the Bible so it really doesn’t take too long. I usually give myself an hour. I’m blessed to be retired. So there’s no rush. Except to get the dogs walked before it gets too hot.

2 Likes

Never rush when in the moment :slightly_smiling_face:. Congratulations on your retirement! And fantastic time management. Superb morning my friend :clap:

1 Like

I retired in March! It’s a beautiful thing! And 33 days AF makes it that much better! I’m making the rest of my life, the BEST of my life!

3 Likes

I’ve drank a lot all my life and many stresses are gone except for the dreadful 2020. I think I just got tired of it. And being fat drunk and hungover is no way to enter my golden years. Neither is a pandemic :scream:. Kind of glad I’m sober for this 2020 nightmare. Otherwise I probably would have killed myself with all the drink.

3 Likes

Literally straight. to. the. coffee. Amen!

Gratitude! I forgot to add that on my list. Gratitude is the antidote to anxiety!

Is your blog public or is it a private personal blog? That sounds really productive! Do you look back on it often?

Exercise is huge for brain chemistry.

Awesome morning! :clap:

1 Like

Great structure in the morning! Whats on youtube? Randomness per usual or anything specic?

Do you actively lean into dreading the day, or do you dread the day despite your best efforts to stay positive?

Yes, I’m in Wisconsin :). If you are struggling getting a morning routine back together I highly recommend ‘the morning sidekick journal’ on amazon

1 Like

Ah great thanks!

1 Like

My two modes are completely opposite.
My boyfriend works sometimes morning shifts sometimes night and I am completely on his schedule now that I am home all the time🤣
When he works the day shift he works from 7 am until 7 pm so our day starts at about 630ish but when he works nights he’s on from 4 pm til 4 am so our day doesn’t start until 3 pm. 🤷
I stay up until he gets home most nights when he works and we will talk on the phone while I do my stuff around the house that I would usually do during the day. Then sleep when he gets home.
Tho most mornings even if he works nights I will get up about 8 on my own do my morning routine then go back to bed. My pills tend to make me sleepy sometimes so it works out. Haha

2 Likes

It’s not an easy button, it does take work just like building any new habit. But it does it in a structured way backed by science. You don’t feel alone, and the structure/research gives you hope early on.

I’ve bought it twice in the last 4 years. Good luck!

1 Like

Page 1 sneak peak

1 Like

Oh wow, I would be a bit all over the shop lol. I am OCD so really struggle if my routine is messed up :grimacing::roll_eyes: but sometimes do tryyyy not to get bogged down and “go with the flow”. Actually alcohol makes my OCD SO much worse, so this week I have been so much more chilled anyway!

2 Likes

This looks ideal, just popped it into my Amazon basket! Thanks for the tip, I am keen to have a little diary to keep thoughts in line :grin:

1 Like