Morphiene addiction

Hello
I think I’m losing it all my life I’ve been on and off the drugs all of my life. Right now I’m struggling to get clean from my morphiene addiction. This is day one for me and I was hoping to have some kind of advice and support here. So if you any kind of advice for me please let me know.
Thank you.

10 Likes

Infeel cold but it’s hot, my stomach is making a lot if noises, I feel like I have a fever, my nose is running. I feel overwhelmed and frustrated.

3 Likes

Hang in there. I was on morphine and percocet for 10yrs. I checked myself into detox because my addiction had gotten way out of hand. Maybe you should do that too? I can tell you that it is not a good thing to withdraw from on your own. If you do not want to go somewhere maybe a clean and sober family member or friend will come stay with you? I hope all %ones well for you. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

7 Likes

You are gonna feel like you have the flu. Your body is gonna ache bad down to your bones. I think you should go to a facility. Just my thought.

3 Likes

Unfortunately going to a facility is not an option for me. I don’t know how to explain but the culture that I am living in doesn’t allow it. I believe that I have to do this on my own and I’m scared now. My gf broke up with me and I’ve been in bed sleeping for like 30 hours now. I feel like I’m on rock bottom. :broken_heart::broken_heart:

3 Likes

Well I know for myself that I had to hit rock bottom for anything to change. Do they have AA meetings where you are? Or HA(heroin anonymous) if they do go to a meeting and let someone there know what is going on with you. The meetings have helped me a great deal! I have found many friends in the rooms. I now have almost 6 months clean and sober. You got this! Drink some Orange juice that helped me. Something about our depleted vitamins. Also drink Gatorade. Keep yourself hydrated.

2 Likes

You are gonna sleep alot, I slept like 2 days straight

4 Likes

I will see what I can do, thank you so much tho this helped :heart:

4 Likes

Hi Azan, welcome to Talking Sober :wave: :innocent:

It is hard when we are in societies that have cultures of hiding and “sin” about addiction. Obviously addiction is a problem, but when the culture at large avoids even discussing it, the addiction problems continue, and the people in recovery (like you) struggle to find their way.

I don’t know exactly what part of the world you are in but if I’m right that the name “Azan” is an Arabic name I will guess you’re in an Arabic-speaking country? (Or at least part of an Arabic community.) It is a challenge to find in-patient addiction treatment centres in many Arabic nations but it is not impossible. In Saudi Arabia, for example, there are at least five (scroll down a bit to find their names - the names are given in the first half, just before “Methods”):

I figure if you can find inpatient addiction treatment in a country as conservative as Saudi Arabia you can probably find it anywhere.

Whether you seek out inpatient addiction treatment or not, keep in touch with us here. Opioid addiction recovery - including morphine recovery - is physically very, very difficult in the early days; you can expect to be quite sick, physically. It will test you. Do not be afraid to ask for help, even visiting a clinic or calling a doctor or someone who can help - you are choosing to live, and when you choose to live, you need help. It doesn’t matter if someone’s got a broken leg or an addiction, in either case the person benefits from medical care.

Take care and don’t give up :innocent:

7 Likes

Hello Matt,
Thank you so much for your reply. You are correct I live in an Arabic Nation. I live in Oman, I’ve done a research and yeah we do have a rehabilitation facility. The thing is, I am afraid of my family reaction if I told them about this. Also, reputation is sort of a big thing around here. I don’t want my reputation to be ruined. To be honest, so far I am planning to go through this on my own.

3 Likes

Welcome!!! Really glad ur here :slight_smile: During my “really rough” patch of active addiction, I was shooting hydromorphs. Awful, awful addiction. Worst part of my active addiction and life many addictions, came close to death. The withdrawals were awful. But with help I was able to detox at home… which honestly i probably shouldnt have done (of course it may be beneficial to seek professional help as sometimes it can be very unsafe to do so at home). What is going on for u right st this moment? How are u feeling?

2 Likes

Hello,
I am sorry to hear that, but I’m glad that you make it. Well, I’m cold but it’s hot, my nose is running, I feel like I want to sleep for ever, it’s like I’m having a bad fever. I’ve been swallowing Advil, I ate like 8. I really want to do this at home I don’t want anyone close to me to know about this.

2 Likes

Sleep as much as you can, drink tons of water , monitor your BP and pulse if you can. Snack lightly on things like crackers and toast. ginger ale for nausea. This is something you should be in patient for but do to your situation and can’t you need to keep a close eye on your vitals and most importantly stay hydrated. I’ve never been there but have known ppl who have detoxed. hope this helps a bit

1 Like

Thanks for your advice :heart: will do Im about to take another nap right now

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about drinking alcohol to ease the pain, does anyone know if it will actually help?

No it won’t, it will make things worse

3 Likes

That is a feeling many of us here completely understand. Shame about our addiction - the desire to hide it (either by just not admitting it, or alternatively, just running away and avoiding family, throwing self into addiction over everything else) - the desire to hide, to conceal, to escape, to evade, to run - that desire is common to all addicts.

If you search “telling family” in the search bar you will find many, many threads about it, with a variety of perspectives & experiences:

https://talkingsober.com/search?q=telling%20family

It is not really different if you live in the Middle East or the middle of New York City. Your family and friends already know or suspect that you have a problem. (Most of us think we’re hiding it, but at some level our loved ones know. We’re not really hiding it.) Addiction treatment centres work because they respect the origins and experiences of their patients. Any addiction treatment program succeeds because it recognizes the physical, social, and cultural needs of its clients. Is an addiction treatment centre in Oman going to operate the same way as one in the USA? Of course not. The two countries have very different cultures and styles of communication. But the addiction treatment centre in Oman will work. They will work within the cultural norms of Oman.

Ultimately the only limits we set for ourselves are the ones we set in our heads. Ask yourself, what is the more inspiring story: the man who hid out of fear, or the man who rose to the challenge, asked for help, and travelled as far as he needed to travel, to conquer his enemy? The history and spiritual traditions of the Middle East are full of stories of men who ignored the mockery of others, to follow a truth that was uplifting and noble. And getting healthy and sober, is uplifting and noble. Defeating the enemy that is addiction, is healthy and noble.

Whatever you choose to do, know that you are not alone. Do not give up. You are a good person, a human being who matters, and you deserve a safe, sober life, where you can be your full self. Take it one day at a time :innocent:

5 Likes

Okay, I won’t do it then. Thank you. :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you again Matt, I don’t feel alone anymore speaking about my problem in this community was not a mistake. I will consider your opinion and I might chose to tell my family about it. Thank you again :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Keep hydrated for sure. If u can get Pedialite or anything that helps with electrolytes, drink that. U can get over the counter medications to help with varying symptoms. Absolutely do not drink alcohol. And be gentle with urself and stick it out. Don’t be afraid to seek help tho if u are seriously concerned about ur withdrawal symptoms.

3 Likes