Morphiene addiction

Will do, thanks for the advice :heart:

1 Like

I slept for the majority of the first five days coming off of a 7 year daily morphine addiction and continued to sleep a lot for a few weeks . Tried drinking, eating, showering as much as I could in between. Rest is best early on. Over two years clean now. it can be done. Good luck

9 Likes

I was addicted to opiates. Oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, morphine, if it was an opiate I abused it. Naltrexone really helped me with the cravings once I had a week clean. Hydration is a key right now as mentioned above. I would get medical help for your addiction. Sure cold turkey works if you have the will power, but with Vivitrol and naltrexone available you don’t have to take the full impact. Though I have been clean 1 ½ months shy of 4 years, I vividly remember the cycle of use, run out, withdrawals and repeat the cycle over and over nearly two decades.

NEVER CRAVE ALONE

7 Likes

The only way you can go from here is up, take it one day at a time. We’re all here for you. You can do this.

3 Likes

Have you tried NA meetings…?.. They are online all over the world 24 hours a day… fellowship of addicts helping addicts. Wish you well… one day at a time, well done for recognizing… You CAN get clean 🫂 :pray::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I will try it for sure

3 Likes

@Azan
How are you doing today?

3 Likes

Hi, much better actually. I’ve decided to tell my family about my problem. They were harsh to me, but they have the right to be. I bought Methadone to relief the pain a little bit ans it’s working. I just want to get back to normal asap. After that, I’ve thinking to go to an HA or AA meetings because I don’t want to relapse again. Thanks for checking in on me :heart:

7 Likes

Be very careful with taking one opiate to replace another. I know many addicts who kicked heroin and other opioids only to get hooked on methadone and suboxone. They said getting off methadone was harder than what they were trying to kick the habit of in the first place. Letting your family know is a huge first step and it’s awesome you gathered the courage to do that.

5 Likes

Hi Azan good to see you here hope your doing better today, i kicked a heroin habit many years ago cold turkey talk about living hell i dont know how i made it but i sure dont want to go back there again. Good news is we dont have to suffer from the detox process again as long as we maintain our sobriety. It was very easy for me to substitute one drug for another, then another or they call it cross addiction sometimes. Just one day at a time, its great to here that your considering maybe trying a 12step approach, NA is a great program that has been beneficial for me in my recovery. Great to have you as a part of this community. :+1:

6 Likes

@Azan how are you doing?

1 Like

Hey all sorry for disappearing. I want to give a quick update on me. Guys I am doing amazingly good. I’ve been sober for 10 days now. I don’t have any physical withdrawals anymore. I’ll be going to NA meeting everyother day it’s a great and supportive community. I started to go to the gym everyday. Me and my girlfriend are back together. I’m getting my shit straight now. Trying to get used to my daily routine of studying, workingout, attending the meetings and spend time with my family. I wanted to thank you all for the support that you gave me this community started the spark for me to get a healthy life. The only war that I’m facing right now is with my mind and thoughts, but I’m definitely winning XD. I’ve never been this happy without a drug for a while now… I’m truly happy thank you all :two_hearts::two_hearts::heart::heart::heart::two_hearts::heart::heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart:

9 Likes

Omg!!! This made my day!!! I’m so SO damn proud of u!!! U got this :slight_smile: I’m so happy to hear that ur doing so well. Just remember that things are going so good bcuz ur clean and sober :slight_smile: Keep on top of it and I’ll do fine!

2 Likes

:sob::joy::grin::grin: thaaaannnnnkkk youuu yesss I know right! Omg all of my problems that I had the circle that I was on everything bad is just fading away slowly but surely and thing got so much better for me. I was so afraid to open up, but when I did everyone was so supportive and helpful to me. You @Butterflymoonwoman is the one who encouraged me to open up and that is a reason why I’m clean and truly happy right now. For that I cannot thank you enough. I just want to give so much gratitude to everyone here thank you all for this opportunity for this new life that I have. I’m never going back to old days again. I’m only 21 and I have a long life ahead of me full of dreams and purposes. :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::muscle::two_hearts::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Really?! Thank you for saying that :smiley: but you did all the work! Sure this forum helps!!! But we all gotta do the work in our own lives. You did this! And I hope u do get to stay around here and fill us all in on the wonderful gifts of sobriety for u. Just keep at it tho cuz addiction is sneaky. Not trying to worrying u or anything but just keep doing what ur doing each day! Really proud of you. I remember getting off hydromorphs and there is never a nice way out of that :frowning: and I’m just cheering u on over here, all the way from Alberta Canada :canada:

2 Likes

Yeaaah really !! You told me to not to be afraid and stick it out. To be honest I felt like a pussy when I read that :sob::sob::joy::joy::joy::joy: but hey it was an amazing advice. Once I did that everyone around me started offering help I couldn’t believe it. The NA meetings are a blessing they truly truly helps me a lot to stay on this path. This illness( my addiction) has been a part of me my whole life and it has been controling me without me realizing it. Now I’m starting to learn how to control it and how to keep up with it. I feel like I can conquer the world and do whatever I want without limitation. Sheeeeeesh it has been a trip I know it has been only 10 days but maan learned a lot about myself my feelings and I wanna know more about me I want to love my self even more :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: this is just amazing I’m overwhelmed right now by the good feeling and WITHOUT A DRUUG :sob::joy::joy::joy: I never thought that this is possible. … Thhhaaankkk youu alll for the support this app community started the spark inside of me to say just no for the drug I love you all :two_hearts::heart::heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::heart: sending my prayers for you all and for every one still suffering :oman::oman::oman:

4 Likes

Awe I’m sorry u felt that way when that was said. Honestly I was just relating to what I experienced… fear and alot of it. Livng life without drugs is f’n scary… or so I thot. Coming up to 1 month for me as of 11pm tonight snd honestly… the scariest thing now is going back to using and living a meaningless life. It’s literally just 24 hours at a time :slight_smile: I’m very much like u in the sense that picturing my life without any sort of drug what so ever, was scary and overwhelming. Couldn’t picture it honestly. But it’s sooo possible!!!

3 Likes

HA meetings?.. I never heard of those .

3 Likes

Well done, courage, hope, and faith… I am learning what those things are … actions from within and the higher universal power that’s in us all. :dizzy:

2 Likes

Guys I fucked up, I relapsed again … :broken_heart:

3 Likes