Movie night NYE

Definitely give it a go. At least you will see where all the baby Yoda memes come from!!

1 Like

I am pretty fond of Yoda.

1 Like

I know! Made in a day where to be funny took more work. Fall of my 8th grade year, I was in a school production of the play. I was the crazy brother who believed he was Teddy Roosevelt.

1 Like

Chaaarge :facepunch:

1 Like

Well Iā€™m in Chicago for NYE was planning a cocktail attire rooftop dinner and fireworks but life happens and now I am going to be alone at the rental house so I too am watching Disney+ all night. :rofl:

Iā€™m not 100% sure what I will watch tho. Probably something nerdy like @Englishd lol

At least your still sober Jessi :laughing: your not alone you have everyone here.
Happy new year. :confetti_ball::tada::balloon::flags::christmas_tree::confetti_ball::sparkler::fireworks:

I am still still sober this is actually my 4th NYE sober. Tho I havenā€™t been sober the whole time since then.
And yes I do have everyone here and my boyfriend will be on the phone with me at midnight :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Change of plans. Hubby is watching hockey so daughter and I are watching Oceans 8.

3 Likes

I have never seen it either.

We are watching Toy Story 4. Lol

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. We had bought it for our grandson.

1 Like

Well watched black and blue preped and got the steak and kidney pie in slow cooker ready for dinner tomorrow, watched kevin bridges on bbc and most of all stayed sober all the best for a sober 2020 people :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Howā€™s your post of tameside tonight pal, I had a great view of the fireworks going off over Manchester at midnight.
Have you got yourself to any local AA meetings yet? :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

At home watching Lilo and Stitch eating pizza alone :grin: Best New Years Eve ever!

2 Likes

Iā€™m a tad late but the Seth Meyers standup on Netflix was HILARIOUS. highly recommend

2 Likes

Oooooh! Not too late at all. Perfect. Thank you :pray: :+1::+1::+1:

Happy / Healthy New Year :kissing_heart:

1 Like

One of the best recent horror movies: Hereditary :+1::grinning: i loved it!

1 Like

Just sat in for the bells the dogs to scared to go ne where cos of the fireworks so watched them on tv, london looked mint but wasnt to sure about the craig david thing after yea have been to a few aa meetings but am finding cgl is more my thing its similar but not so godly and the main thing is they encourage sobriety so looking forward to my first year straight that i can remember hows life been treating you you getting on alright

Is that cgl in Ashton? Have you been found to the relapse prevention and smart recovery classes/meetings there? They have NA on there aswell, that has led of a focus on God, they arenā€™t actually referencing a Christian god.
I was at CGL but Iā€™ve been working evenings recently though and my NA meetings start at 6.30pm so Iā€™ve only been able to get to the Saturday morning one these pest few weeks, Iā€™ve been meeting my sponsor for coffee 3 times a week though, heā€™s a good guy. I live in stalybridge me. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Nah a got sent there for a meeting with there prescriber for my home detox he says if your alrignt to have the librium in my case have been goiong to pre detox and now post and pre detox and also took them up on accupuncture and meditation last monday think the accupuncture was alright but dont know if the meditation did anything for me a do try amd get to aa but a work through the day and find its a bit late when getting home tried 3/4 different people to sponser me but they all seemed to have to much on so prob need to get to a few more meetings so a can get one and try working the steps they seem to help alot of people but in the meen time am sticking with cgl and staying sober a met a lad who was at a hyde meeting who also does na hes from ridge hill he said the na meetings are good

NA is good mate itā€™s a slightly different dynamic than AA. Donā€™t be in a rush to get a sponsor it took me a couple of months to find someone who I thought would fit and who I gauged that didnā€™t have so much on that they couldnā€™t dedicate the time I need to work the steps. Youā€™ll get to where you want to be at. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: