Movies about sobriety

Does anyone have any favourite movies about people struggling with addictions? These are a few of mine

2 Likes

Just watched lost in Woonsocket today. Got to Skype with the one guy from the movie after it was over

2 Likes

The Girl On The Train.

The book is really good because it goes a little more into the believed medical explanations of blacking out and talks more deeply about the main character’s struggles in quitting drinking, but the movie is also quite well done.

6 Likes

I’m yet to see this film yet but I think it’s on Amazon Prime so I’ll give it a watch soon.

I love that film even though it’s mega depressing but I’ve always kind of preferred “downer” films. They leave more of a mark on you.

1 Like

Barfly used to be one of my favourite movies, along with everything Bukowski has written. Leaving Las Vegas is also very powerful.

2 Likes

Her Name was Bette, Lipstick and Liquor, The Days of Wine and Roses.

1 Like

Drunk in public is one of the most moving films I have ever seen. I cried and cried and cried during it.

1 Like

It’s also on Hulu if you have the Showtime upgrade.

I’ve just added that to my list. Thanks.

Thanks but we don’t have those packages in the UK. We don’t get as much choice as you guys unfortunately.

1 Like

“Flaked” on Netflix is a good serious. It is funny but close to reality on 12 step programs.

2 Likes

At the movies at the moment! Don’t Worry He Won’t Get Far On Foot. Gus Van Sant’s latest starting Joaquin Phoenix. Highly recommend! C9C59A3D-346E-4DA3-9FD0-4EDD083BFD00

3 Likes

:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️Gia!

Heaven Knows What is one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. Truly brilliant. I’m a huge fan of the Safdie brothers!

1 Like

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas. And I think it is leaving Las Vegas (Nicolas Cage/Elizabeth Shue).

2 Likes

When a man loves a woman with Meg Ryan and Andy Garcia.

7 Likes

Fall River Dreams. The Chris Herron story

2 Likes

I love that one, I have that on dvd somewhere. Meg Ryan is great.

Pollic, 28 days, flight.n…