Movies Check-in / Reviews šŸ“¼

Saw this years ago and now itā€™s on Amazon. Not for everyone but I have a penchant for the absurd.

It was made by a French musician/film maker Quentin Duplieux also known as Mr. oizo

3 Likes

I saw the trailer for this and already made my mind up. Now, my buddy has a horrible taste in movies and he recommended this movie (not to mention, recommending and/or endorsing a romcom is in direct violation of guy code). The excitement in his voice only solidified my suspicions. Thank you for clarifying.

1 Like

i saw a mention of this on What Cultureā€™s list of most bizarre horror movies. Donā€™t know if I actually want to watch it. :astonished:

1 Like

Itā€™s pretty hilarious in my opinion. Haha.

It was good I liked.
A lot better than I thought it would be after watching the trailer.

6 Likes

I am going to watch A man called Otto. No idea if itā€™ll be good but I love Tom Hanks and I was not convinced of Avatar. Iā€™ll see :upside_down_face:

I liked it. I love movies about life. Living. Struggle. Sad and comic at the same time.

3 Likes

A lot of it struck a chord for me. I dealt with antisemitism growing up. My only fistfight,dude called me a damn Jew and punched me in the face. Lol,it was like Pearl Jamā€™s Jeremy. It woke something in me. Guess he thought because I am a little guyā€¦he thought wrong. I knocked him out. Nobody fucked with me after thatā€¦ In truth,I hated that it happened. I understand now that parents teach their kids to be haters. How fucked up is that? Iā€™m glad you liked it Eric. Have a beautiful weekend.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t even know there was a third Cloverfield movie until tonight. Definitely worth a watch and it ties in pretty well with the first movie - unlike the second film, which was an old script they had lying around, slightly massaged in order to use the name Cloverfield.
This was another script (The God Particle) fiddled around with, but at least it makes sense.

3 Likes

Very cool, I really really liked the first movie. The second one was decent in my opinion. Iā€™ll have to check this one out.

Iā€™m glad you shared it because itā€™s impossible to tell that the movies are related otherwise lol

1 Like

Check out A man called Ove, the original Swedish one. Much better

But also Iā€™m not a Tom Hanks fan.

2 Likes

I honestly donā€™t get Jennifer Lopez. She does a lot of things but all of it rather mediocre. How is she soooo successful???

2 Likes

I think Banshees of Inisherin was the best movie Iā€™ve seen so far in my life. Fantastic acting. Beautiful story. Oh, the scene when Colin is explaining that when he dies heā€™ll be remembered as being ā€œniceā€ just got me right in the heart. I laughed. I BAWLED. I swear, if this one does not win the Oscar for best movie I will be destroyed.

7 Likes

I also loved this movie. I explained the plot to my sister, gory bits and all, and realized just how out there and wonderful it was.

2 Likes

Finally got TƔr in.
Iā€™m sorry. It thought it was a 2 and a half hour slog.
I didnā€™t get the point of it at all. And I love good stories about music. I didnā€™t think this was one of them.
Cate Blanchett definitely amazing. But the movie meh.

5 Likes

Did somebody mentioned ā€œPalm Springsā€ already?

Itā€™s a quite good a movie!

But trigger warning :warning: for alcohol and drug use and also some short sex scenes.

IMDb: : Palm Springs
Palm Springs (2020) - IMDb

2 Likes

Seems a little Groundhoggish Day.
Looks like fun though.
Iā€™ll put it on the list after the Oscars :trophy:

1 Like

Itā€™s like ā€œGroundhog dayā€ from another perspective.:+1:t2:

1 Like

It was fun. I didnā€™t see it nominated for best pic in 2020 or anything like that :rofl: but it was fun. We enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation.

And they played a snippet of my favorite song. Cloudbusting near the end.

3 Likes

Banshees Of Inisherin was strange and sad. The area was beautiful. Definitely not a warm fuzzy movie. Iā€™d put it under the same umbrella as Triangle of Sadness :neutral_face:

1 Like

Nah. It was much better than that :face_vomiting:

1 Like