Movies Check-in / Reviews šŸ“¼

Loved it and especially in light of this happening at the same timeā€¦

3 Likes

We saw Spotlight. It was great :+1: in a horrible sort of way. Itā€™s too bad I saw it so long ago. Itā€™s not one of those you look forward to watching again. I do like those kinds of movies though. Iā€™d like to see one with someone playing Ronan Farrow. Love that guy.

2 Likes

Agree, he is an amazing journalist.

1 Like

The menu was fantastic. If you are a foodie or follow chefs at all, they give a tip of the hat to some of the worldā€™s tops chefs. The final scene was referencing Grant Achatz from his famous restaurant Alinea in Chicago. A fun little article

3 Likes

Oh thank you!! Will check it out. Watching Top Chef International right now! Lol

2 Likes

I was a little disappointed in The Menu. Pretty forgettable. In fact I pretty much forgot it. Donā€™t waste your dollars on John Wick 4. Plotless. Stupid gratuitous violence. Just Duhmb. Glad my friend paid for my ticket. The popcorn was good.

5 Likes

I left John Wick after an hour or so. :confounded: It was too much for me.

2 Likes

Ridunkuloius

1 Like

Ah man @Soberbilly and @anon74766472 - i was so looking forward to seeing John Wick. So disappointed that it was a dud.

2 Likes

Cocaine Bearā€¦campy and a bit gory fun. Tho not as fun as I hoped. Ray Liotta looking good in his last movie.

4 Likes

I liked John Wick 4. I thought it was a fun fit for the franchise but thatā€™s just my opinion. I really liked the previous three as well.

3 Likes

You may like it. Donā€™t gp by me. I guess I just donā€™t see the point of violence for violence sake. To each their own.

3 Likes

Thanks @TrustyBird and @Soberbilly ā€“ I will check out as I do like Keanu and have enjoyed the first 3 ā€“ will go in with an open mind

3 Likes

That was too funny. At least youā€™re looking on the positive side. :hugs:

1 Like

Oh my god my daughter and I LOVED Cocaine Bear! I spent the entire time either hiding and horrified by the gore or laughing hysterically :rofl: The cinema was packed and there was an elderly lady there who was very vocal with being horrified and laughing, perhaps that made it even more entertaining lol.

5 Likes

I bet it was great on the big screen!! Loved the bear and the camp factor. There is a real story docu drama on Peacock, which does involve the sky diving, cocaine and a bear! I havenā€™t watched it all yet tho.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard of Peacock, I donā€™t believe we have it over here but yes i did hear rumours that the movie was loosely based around a true story. Will see if I can find out more about the doco!

2 Likes

Peacock is the streaming service/offshoot of the U.S. TV stations NBC / Bravo. I think. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Very loosely :joy: the really interesting part is the folks in rural America that got into trafficking, itā€™s really fascinating. Reality is the bear found the cocaineā€¦ Died haha. But I love the fan fiction story the movie made about it

2 Likes

Just watching Missing ā€“ Damn - love the twists. I do love Nia Long!

edit - just finished watching and it was a great movie

movieposter_en

9 Likes