Movies Check-in / Reviews 📼

I’m watching this again tonight; it’s 20 years ago since it first appeared.
Such a lovely film, maybe one day we will meet ’ the one’.
It promoted Hugh Grant to stardom, followed by Notting Hill of course.

I met a special woman, fell in love, and got married. Turned out we were both alcoholics.
I lost my wife to breast cancer, some years ago now. I watch this film and think of her.

Just wondered what other people thought of the film?

4 Likes

Weird, the Al Yankovic story.

It was weird and not in a good way :roll_eyes::woozy_face:
I won’t get those two hours back :rofl:

4 Likes

Went to a matinee last week and saw this. Very good. Based on a true story of the first lady who swam across the English Channel. It’s a Disney, so you can’t go wrong.

4 Likes

This movie was a trip. I particularly love the score music by Hans Zimmerman. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Not to be confused with the series of the same name about the Nxivm cult! :expressionless::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh man…yeah I didn’t even know about the series but this is far from that. Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

That was creepy weird. :exploding_head: Not a feel good rom com!!

1 Like

IMG_4452

3 Likes

Úsvit - We have never been modern: exciting movie with a well-built atmosphere. It is on netflix, so I guess English subtitles are available:

3 Likes

I watched a film called Drift, based on a book.

From RT:

Jacqueline (Two-Time Academy Award nominee Cynthia Erivo), a young refugee, lands alone and penniless on a Greek island, where she tries first to survive and then to cope with her past. While gathering her strength, she begins a friendship with a rootless tour-guide (Alia Shawkat) and together they find the resilience to forge ahead.

The main actors Cynthia Erivo and Alia Shawkat were great in it. It was very moving, recommended :pray:

4 Likes

Brilliant movie. I was riveted from beginning to end. I know the history, but that isn’t what really spoke to me about this movie. It was the acting and the cinematography. The camera angles, the perspectives and shots, the choice of focus and symbolism, the choreography of sight and sound, light and dark. It was really, really well done.

5 Likes

RIP Shelley Duvall

6 Likes

La chimera - very enjoyable, yet profound, I liked it a lot:

1 Like

4 Likes

Someone pooped in the pool here :poop:
It’s so boring I gave up half way through, and I can watch Antiques Roadshow without reaching for my phone for added entertainment!

I give it half a starfish :star::fish:
And that half is only because Chris Pine is mostly shirtless :smirk:
:squid:

A great movie on Amazon Prime maybe other places as well. It’s called “A Good Person”. It deals with a lot of emotional upheavals and addictions.

1 Like

Have you seen the movie “Thanks for sharing with Mark Ruffalo” ?
What is your opinion? This is a movie about recovery from diverse adictions.

3 Likes

I found this to be an excellent film it’s mostly about sex addiction but there is abit about alcoholism too but I think it deals very well with the struggle of addiction and recovery

2 Likes

Excellent film one of my favourites :+1:

4 Likes

Saw this a couple weeks ago. Very good and a lot of good actors. Very graphic

3 Likes